Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Good News From a Top Designer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News From a Top Designer

Yumiko Alexander just changed her website (https://www.dandoh.com/knit-pattern-list) to allow us to buy her wonderful patterns direct from her instead of needing to go to the R place (which I will not do no matter what).

Good for her! She will now have even more of my business!
    Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

Amore That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing that site.

Comment

• Amore
      Amore commented
      Editing a comment
      I just love the elegance of her designs. So original, with a beautiful drape and great wearability. I made her Shaina in CEY Firefly, and every time I wear it ladies stop me to inquire. Now I'm working on Chic, and I just bought Seasons (along with the DK cotton tape yarn) direct from her. She has exhibited really good business sense to go along with her great designing sensibilities.

How do you get to the pattern without using the R link? I'm missing something...
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

• Amore
      Amore commented
      Editing a comment
      It might be just the designs I asked her for: Seasons https://www.dandoh.com/seasons and Oasis https://www.dandoh.com/oasis
      If she did those two because I asked her, maybe she'll do more, or maybe she's already working on it but just hasn't gotten there yet. She said she'd been working on her website.

Such beautiful designs. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Oh my goodness, I HAVE to share this with you all!! I went to Yumiko's site after I saw this post, and noticed that both of the patterns I was interested in were still only available through Ravelry. So I sent her an email, asking if there was any way I could purchase her patterns directly, and less than an hour later she emailed me this....

Hi Bonnie,

I just start making my patterns/books available on my website (Actually starting today).

one book, and 2 patterns(Oasis and Seasons) are available at this moment, because some customers requested me.

It is pretty slow process. If you tell me which patterns you are interested, I will add those pattern on my store as soon as I can.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Yumiko Alexander
      DanDoh Knit and Crochet Designs
      www.dandoh.com

Ok. WOW! That, is customer service. The very well known designer that I have been tangling with this week, should sit up and take notes. This lady could teach her a few things about customer retention and addition.

I have long been an admirer of Yumiko's work, and now I admire the woman as well.
      Last edited by BonBon; 07-20-2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

• Amore
        Amore commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay, Yumiko! Way to go, girl!

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        This is fabulous! I wasn't familiar with her work until now and it's remarkable. I really love her style.

I posted her a link to this thread, so she's seeing results in real time. How beautiful is that, to make an immediate connection between customer and designer! Thanks again, Admin!

Comment

I had never seen her work before. It's beautiful!!

Comment

How cool is this, to have an instant connection between happy fans and a willing designer! And it's all because of this wonderful site!

Comment

Yumiko saw this link. She replied,

"Thanks Linda!
            I am glad that I tried it ( It took for a whole to figure out).

I will continue adding more patterns on my website.

Thank you.

Yumiko"

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. A designer with good taste, good sense, and heart. Can't beat that!

Comment

Awesome!! That's fantastic!
              “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

Oh my goodness. Her designs are beautiful. I'm going to watch for Elemental Cowl to become available. Thank you Amore and Yumiko as well!!!
                "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  plainjaneknitter, I took a look at the description of that raglan, and it's about as simple as a garment can be. Knitted top down in one piece, no seams, raglan sleeves that are formed by simple increases (probably yarn-overs) . . . I'd really encourage you to go for it.

• plainjaneknitter
                  plainjaneknitter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe I will go for it. And since you stated that her yarn is distinctive, I may just have to buy that too! I've got a couple of birthday projects on my needles & once they are finished (one probably won't be completed until November) I'm going to tackle the raglan sweater. I no longer have a mentor in my area, so I will probably be asking for help thru the topics. Thanks again!!

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We will be here for you, plainjaneknitter. Maybe we could even start a KAL for that purpose?

Update!

Yumiko has already added the two designs I wanted to purchase, to her shop. I am including her email with pattern links, in case anyone else is interested in purchasing the Shaina or the Garden Gate patterns. I hope that many of us will support this wonderful designer who is willing to work with EVERYONE!

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for letting me know which patterns you are interested in.

Shaina and Garden Gate patterns are available on my website.

https://www.dandoh.com/shaina

https://www.dandoh.com/garden-gate

Let me know if you have any questions.

Yumiko
                Yumiko Alexander
                DanDoh Knit and Crochet Designs
                www.dandoh.com

Yumiko,
                Thank you so much for your willingness to make your gorgeous designs widely available. Your professionalism is admirable.
                I wish you much success!

Comment

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yay hurray for you and for Yumiko! (You are going to love her Shaina pattern.)

Moonlight is now also available for purchase directly from her website: https://www.dandoh.com/moonlight

Comment

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you, qfknit. Just added Moonlight to my Yumiko collection. Later today I'll order the yarn that goes with it. Happy stashing!

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  qfknit, following your referral to Yumiko's Moonlight pattern now being available on her website, I clicked through and purchased it. An hour later I went back and ordered the yarn to go with it.

That was at 8 a.m. today. I just got notification that the yarn has shipped. That's a 3-hour turn-around between order and shipping! Way to go, Yumiko!

I am so glad to hear this. I bought several of her patterns in the past months. I am glad to know that I will still have access to her beautiful designs. Thank you for posting this.

Comment

Her patterns are absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                  X