LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Get Up and Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Up and Go!

We're starting a new topic/thread for anyone who would like positive reinforcement for moving more in 2021. Doesn't matter how much or how little you 'get up and go'--or what type of get up and go you do--yoga, chair aerobics, stretching, getting up during tv commercials, dancing with your dog. It's all about supporting each other and taking baby steps, whatever that means for you. (and photos! lots of fun photos!) Extra points for anyone who manages to knit and walk! 😎

Ooh I'm ahead of the game! I knit (or crochet) and walk all the time. Small, simple project in a wrist bag. Of course, I haven't done any walking outside of my "yard" which is basically the 2 acres immediately around my RV, in almost a year so... well see how that goes. I'll be swimming, doing aquasize and walking and I hope to get into a yoga class when things like yoga classes are happening again. I had just started one last year and then it got shot down by Covid. I really want to do another 5k by the end of 2021.
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -34 WTD -12
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

I remember being on the treadmill, watching a video and knitting at the same time - a three-in-one - I like to make good use of my time!
      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

• dapncat
        dapncat commented
        Editing a comment
        rkennell can you recommend any channels for weaving videos? (that is, on Youtube)

• rkennell
        rkennell commented
        Editing a comment
        dapncat - Right now I'm actually watching Jane Stafford in her weaving guild. I just got a floor loom and she has an excellent site with tons of online weaving classes, about 5 years' worth. I paid for a year subscription and all the content is included as long as you're a member. She is funny, down to earth, and you feel like you're sitting in her studio learning from her. I'd hate to think what it would cost to actually do that! Definitely you get your money's worth!

Also, I've signed up for individual classes (purchased) with both Kelly Casanova and Liz Gipson for rigid heddle classes in 2020 and they are both excellent. They both have YouTube channels that are really good. (I believe Liz Gipson goes by Yarnworker as her YouTube name.)

Also, just choosing a loom brand (like Schacht or Louet) will yield a lot of YouTube videos about weaving.

• dapncat
        dapncat commented
        Editing a comment
        rkennell Thank you--will check it out

I just did a 'mobility workout' from a DVD I bought months ago but never used. Ouch. And I did only the 10 minute timesaver pre-mix! I can see where it will help...eventually...ouch....

Comment

Also, we have a group on here you might want to check out: Motivating Makers. We encourage each other to exercise and in other aspects of life.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X