Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

How Many Pieces on Your Needles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Pieces on Your Needles?

As a diversion for the knitting class I'm hosting at my home, I gave each participant a slip of paper and a pencil and asked them to guess how many started pieces I presently have actually on the needles. (I hadn't counted them myself, to be honest.)

As I unveiled each piece, we counted them. She who came closest in her guess got to help herself from a big bag of balled/caked yarns. (I had told them at the outset that I'm squirrely, but I embarrassed myself at just how squirrely I've become.)

So let's poll this community. How many unfinished pieces do you presently have actually on the needles, hibernating or in process (sort of)?
    (All results held in strict confidence.)
    1 - 3
    36.36%
    4 - 6
    36.36%
    7 - 10
    18.18%
    11 - 15
    0%
    Too Embarrassed to Count
    9.09%
    Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

At least I'm in good company! I'm glad the shawlette that just needs blocking and the sweater for DGD that needs blocking and buttons don't "count."
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Oh good I'm not the only one! Not only do I have little wip piles everywhere, I have NEW YARN I JUST BOUGHT divided into those reuseable shopping bags with a post it saying what pattern i have in mind for it. Oh and also in that basket on that shelf and in that bin over there.....I'd say I need to get a hobby but from the looks of things I don't think that's a good idea.

Comment

Amore - well ..................... what was the answer to your WIPs - don't leave us hanging by a thread!
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

• Amore
          Amore commented
          Editing a comment
          Kayle voted "13" and Nancy voted "15." The actual count was 14, so they each got a cake of merino/silk blend. I also offered a grab-bag cake to Sharon, but she declared her present stash too large to add to LOL.

• annekepoot
          annekepoot commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, my. I get anxiety when I have three - I can't imagine 14!!

• Amore
          Amore commented
          Editing a comment
          annekepoot, it takes nerves of steel, for sure. I asked Sharon and Nancy if they thought I have Yarn ADHD. They just giggled.

I usually only have one or two projects going. Right now I have 4 on the needles. Two pairs of fingerless gloves are hibernating and then I have a shawl that is about 20 rows from being finished. I set the shawl aside for a few days to knit a baby cardigan for a friend's new grandson.

Comment

Not only do I have 4 knitting projects on the needles, I have an unfinished cross stitch, and 3 sewing projects in various states of completion. Needless to say, I like a little variety in my life!😁

Comment

Yikes! I was horrified to learn I have EIGHT projects in various stages! Two are ghosts and have been hanging around for years. There is an Orenburg shawl that I keep pushing to the bottom of the pile. Then there is the bulky yarn afghan waiting for cold weather, and my husband's cardigan ditto. Last is two pairs of socks and the mutant market bag. I think that's all...
            "We are all normal and we want our freedom"

Comment

• Amore
              Amore commented
              Editing a comment
              o.m.g. i forgot about the half-finished afghans using scrap yarn . . .
              *blush*

I have three. Very typical for me. Usually one sweater, one pair of socks, and one other. Right now my other is a stuffed animal.

Comment

Off the top of my head, I count 5. But I also have at least 2 that I need to fix after discovering a missed stitched after blocking and then there is the huge bag of knitted and waiting to block.

Comment

This is just a RUDE question! Divorce proceedings have been started in response to questions like this! Stop the insanity!
                LMAO!
                My husband was looking over my shoulder as I read this topic, and asked if he should ask me this. The answer is no, silly question. ALL OF THEM! That's always my answer when anyone asks me how much yarn I have, how many needles I have, how many projects I have... The only answer is.... ALL OF THEM.

Comment

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh Krickt, you made me chuckle! Thanks for the giggle, gal!
                  And you'll notice I haven't asked how many kitted-up projects waiting in the wings. Yet. [Ducking for cover . . . ]

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But here's the thing: For every knitting project inhabiting my snuggery, there is a humongous piece of machinery inhabiting Swarfy's shop.
                  So, what does Mr. Krickt have too many of?
                  (Thinking that one person's "too many" is another fellow's "not enough.")
                  Last edited by Amore; 07-22-2019, 09:00 PM.

LOL, he's a referee, and the IT/Computer dude at our local school. He's big into OU/Atlanta Braves/Dallas Cowboys, etc... He made a big point of reminding me that one of his goals when he got his "big boy job" when we first got married, was to get a different Atlanta Braves hat for each day of the year, and he's only got about 50 some hats. He has decided there's not room in our house for three rooms of yarn/fiber stash and his hats, so he has "sacrificed" his hat collection for me.
                I bought him the 4th of July Atlanta Braves hat.
                k

Comment

• Amore
                  Amore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've gotta hand it to you, Krickt: you've got style!
              Working...
              X