Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Subscribing to a Person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribing to a Person

Trying to work out forum etiquette here. If you subscribe to a person, is that considered “friending” them? I’d like to do that, but it seems like following all their posts could come off as being stalky.

yarnforall I was wondering the same thing 😊 it’s a bit of a new learning curve but definitely worth it!
    “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair” Khalil Gibran

Comment

Absolutely not stalking - at worst, you may not want to read everything they share

Not sure, yet, if it is closer to "FB Friending" or "following"

Another one for the "FAQ" to be done list - thanks
      Meanwhile I believe subscribing is more or less like "following"
      so if the person posts, you get a notification and/or link

will flag this so Admin sees the question and and get back with you asap with details
      Last edited by wheat; 07-13-2019, 03:46 PM.
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
      =====
      My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

Thank you very much! That sounds reasonable.

Comment

I think it will give you a notification if the person posts something so you can go check it out.
          “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

• yarnforall
            yarnforall commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much!

I have finally grasped the concept of subscribing to a thread...patting myself on the back. Can someone explain how you subscribe to a person? Thanks in advance...
          Susan from NJ is glad to be here

Supporting Pine Ridge Reservation one donation at a time!
          www.FriendsofPineRidgeReservation.org

Listen with ears that hear http://fiberkind.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• FreedomLover
            FreedomLover commented
            Editing a comment
            When you click on a Username it shows you that person's profile and a button at the top says "Subscribe."

Thank you FreedomLover!
          Susan from NJ is glad to be here

Supporting Pine Ridge Reservation one donation at a time!
          www.FriendsofPineRidgeReservation.org

Listen with ears that hear http://fiberkind.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• FreedomLover
            FreedomLover commented
            Editing a comment
            Your're welcome! It's not often I get to answer a tech question.

Sometimes I feel like I just moved to a foreign country. Haha. Slowly learning the language and customs.

Comment

Working...
          X