Cricut Gives Your Ultimate Cutting Precision

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

"Mandy" Figurine Made By My Best Friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mandy" Figurine Made By My Best Friend

This was made with Sculpey clay. I put it here, since it was handmade, and not knit or crochet. My best friend, when she heard that Mandy had passed, asked if she could make me a figurine of her. I gave her my permission, and it arrived today, less than two weeks since Mandy's death. She's quite an artist! I couldn't believe it when I unwrapped it...the likeness was startling and so realistic. Keep in mind, she never met Mandy in person. The markings are almost perfect!
    “I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that everywhere, wherever you may be, the least plant may bring to you the clear remembrance of the Creator. If you see the grass of the fields, think of human nature, and remember the comparison of the wise Isaiah. “All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.”
    ― Basil the Great

A beautiful memento of Mandy. Your friend is an amazing artist.

Comment

• Orthodox_Maiden
      Orthodox_Maiden commented
      Editing a comment
      It's incredible. The only difference is the tail...Mandy didn't have a tail...just the muscle, since they trimmed it extremely short. She gave her a slightly longer tail, which is typical for a cocker, and having never seen her in person, that's understandable. And like I said, the markings are almost perfect...she even almost got the heart on her hip!

It's an amazing gift and work of art. I hope it is a comfort to you.
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

• Orthodox_Maiden
      Orthodox_Maiden commented
      Editing a comment
      It certainly does. I'm so blessed to have her as my best friend!

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X