Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Forum Help

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Help

not all question but many will be answered but many will, so if all else fails, give the Help section a try

and of course you should feel completely free to ask in tech support but sometimes this may be quicker
    Last edited by wheat; 08-18-2019, 04:23 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
    =====
    My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

I tried to find an old notification, and received this information:
    • You've already read all of your notifications! Try changing your "New/Dismissed" filter to "Both" or "Dismissed Only" if you want to view dismissed notifications.
    The problem is - I cannot find the "New/Dismissed" filter to change it! I have searched all my user settings & did a site search. It's probably somewhere simple. Does anyone know where to find this filter?
    "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      When you are in notifications, click on notifications (I know - it sounds strange). Then you will see the filter. :-)

• plainjaneknitter
      plainjaneknitter commented
      Editing a comment
      Char Oh my goodness. There it is!! I looked everywhere and did not see that. Thank you!!!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      plainjaneknitter you are most welcome!

How do I answer a post made by one of the users directly? If they do not have their comment button activated on their forum post I end up having to use the QUOTE button or go to their page and make a reply. Is there another way to answer the user's forum post directly?

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      You do need to comment on the original post, and cannot comment on a comment. Is that possibly what is the problem?

Floppy2 I've always used the comment section at the bottom of the page, adding their username at the beginning of my message. I didn't even realize you could go to a person's page and write a comment. Sometimes the Quote button is too much, isn't it??
    "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

• Floppy2
      Floppy2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! I would like to comment directly to a post I am reading but can't figure out how to do so if the COMMENT button is not on the post itself. I guess the person writing the post has to change something in their settings? Is that what has to be done? At times, when I am reading posts I want to comment on, all I see is EDIT or FLAG and nothing else.

• wheat
      wheat commented
      Editing a comment
      Floppy2 what I just did was to click on comment for the note from plain jane knitter.
      so we are both responding to her original post.
      Generally, it appears comments do not have a comment/reply option, but this seems to work in the forums.

Admin If I leave Our Unraveled open on my tablet, I get this error message when I come back to it. If I click on ok, everything works fine. Just wanted to let you know.

ETA : The picture turned out so blurry. It says:

Error: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Last edited by lovestostitch; 07-27-2019, 10:04 PM.
    Naperville, IL - Growing Zone 5

Comment

• wheat
      wheat commented
      Editing a comment
      So far it seems that a tablet security setting not an ourunraveled setting

Does anyone know what the white/orange bars under our names are for? I'm just curious.
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• wheat
      wheat commented
      Editing a comment
      What is Reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the like icon will be visible in posts.

You can build your reputation on the site by posting informative and constructive content. This in turn will encourage people to follow your posts, press the like button on different posts and they could even subscribe to your content.
      How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the like icon in the relevant post. This will signify you like the content and will add to the user's reputation. If you click on the like icon again, you will remove that reputation from the user.
      How do I know what reputation I have received?

You will be notified when someone likes one of your posts. In addition to this, your general reputation will appear within the user information of your posts. These show as small graphics or pips under your Avatar. As your reputation inceases, the number of pips or graphics will increase.
      How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
      What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
      You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your Account Settings and selecting the checkbox for Reputation Level.

• wheat
      wheat commented
      Editing a comment
      FYI - I have mine disabled because I would rather folks judge me based on the content I share

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      wheat very interesting. Hmmm. Definitely like your content btw!

wheat - where is the reputation enable/disable setting? I looked but I didn't see it.
    Naperville, IL - Growing Zone 5

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      https://vb.ourunraveled.com/forum/ge...vator-in-posts

Check out this post - maybe it will help?

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Char - that's where I got the information that there is a reputation setting but I can't find it. I was looking for help to find the setting button.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      @lovetostitch oh - I can’t either. Strange.

and now neither can I find that setting. I will keep looking and let you know if/when I find it.
    =====
    My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

experimenting
      =====

Comment

• wheat
        wheat commented
        Editing a comment
        okay tht did not work

wheat Do you still have your reputation bars disabled? They show up under your name for me. I wonder if this is kind of like the buttons on R...where you can disable your own view, but others still see it. That doesn't fit the explanation given exactly though.

Just to add my 2 cents....this is something I wouldn't mind seeing disabled altogether. I don't know if things like this are standard on most forums, but I agree with you that I'd rather be "judged" on the content I share rather than how many "like" clicks I get. (Also because I feel a bit bad if I forget to click "like". I don't do a lot of social media and am not on FB, so I simply forget to look for the "like" a lot of the time. I have to think this is the same for other people. Just something to get use to I guess.)

Comment

Originally posted by knitterlady13 View Post
        wheat Do you still have your reputation bars disabled? They show up under your name for me. I wonder if this is kind of like the buttons on R...where you can disable your own view, but others still see it. That doesn't fit the explanation given exactly though.

Just to add my 2 cents....this is something I wouldn't mind seeing disabled altogether. I don't know if things like this are standard on most forums, but I agree with you that I'd rather be "judged" on the content I share rather than how many "like" clicks I get. (Also because I feel a bit bad if I forget to click "like". I don't do a lot of social media and am not on FB, so I simply forget to look for the "like" a lot of the time. I have to think this is the same for other people. Just something to get use to I guess.)
        This is something Mr/Mrs Admin will have to consider - apparently the reputation display is not something an individual can control - and I am not sure it "falls into the power" of a Super Mod so like I said , more research needed.
        =====

Comment

wheat I'm guessing that is an administrator setting.

Comment

I can disable reputation all together (I'm pretty sure), or maybe figure out a way to have it as an option. I'll take a look.
            “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

knitterlady13 You can disable it in your account settings, User Settings -> Account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-04 21-06-38.png
Views:	203
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	15825
              “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

Test
                ing
                =====

Comment

• Char
                  Char commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ping!
              Working...
              X