Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Forum Help

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds terrific!! Thank you Mr Admin...You da man
    Happy trails, Diana

Comment

Admin That's fantastic!

Comment

Admin - This morning I checked my notifications. I had a notification that someone had posted on a topic to which I am subscribed. I clicked on the topic listed in the notification. I got the message that I am not authorized to view that topic. I went to My Groups, found the topic and clicked on it. I was able to view the topic going that route.
        Naperville, IL - Growing Zone 5

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          The notification will usually bring you directly to the message, if the message was deleted by the author it will give that error message. I'm going to change it so people can see that a message was deleted.

On my main forums page the sewing categories all have blue folders as if they have new posts, but they don't have new posts. Is anyone else seeing this?
        In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

FreedomLover Have you recently cleared your cache? I think you're talking about the little text icons next to the sub-forms/categories? If so, clearing cache might reset those to look like you haven't read those topics. Let me experiment. Hang on.

ETA: OK - So I cleared my history for the last 7 days and all of the icons for threads I've read in the last week turned back to blue.
          Last edited by knitterlady13; 09-26-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Admin
            Admin commented
            Editing a comment
            I also had to clear the server cache so that may have had an impact as well.

• FreedomLover
            FreedomLover commented
            Editing a comment
            I have read them and it appears I haven't. I've tried marking the channel as read but they still show as unread. It's not a big deal, just something that made me wonder if it was only me.

Is there a way to navigate to the last read post of a topic? Say a topic has 6 pages of individual posts and I've previously read to the middle of page 3. If I click on the topic name it opens at the top of page 1. I found the little blue double arrow that will take me to the last post of the topic. I don't seem to be able to open the topic at the point on page 3 where I want to start reading again. Thank goodness I can knit and crochet better than I can navigate computers!!!!
          With God, all things are possible.

Comment

gerripho which double arrow are you clicking on? Make sure it is this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	23A751A6-A203-4968-BBCE-B40B7CBEECA9.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	36224

I know it is easy to click the title instead of the arrows, sometimes I have to zoom in.

If that does not help let me know.
            Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

Working...
            X