Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Forum Help

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheat
    started a topic Forum Help

Forum Help

not all question but many will be answered but many will, so if all else fails, give the Help section a try

and of course you should feel completely free to ask in tech support but sometimes this may be quicker
    Last edited by wheat; 08-18-2019, 04:23 AM.

• Char
    replied
    gerripho which double arrow are you clicking on? Make sure it is this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	23A751A6-A203-4968-BBCE-B40B7CBEECA9.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	36224

I know it is easy to click the title instead of the arrows, sometimes I have to zoom in.

If that does not help let me know.

Leave a comment:

• gerripho
    replied
    Is there a way to navigate to the last read post of a topic? Say a topic has 6 pages of individual posts and I've previously read to the middle of page 3. If I click on the topic name it opens at the top of page 1. I found the little blue double arrow that will take me to the last post of the topic. I don't seem to be able to open the topic at the point on page 3 where I want to start reading again. Thank goodness I can knit and crochet better than I can navigate computers!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FreedomLover
    commented on 's reply
    I have read them and it appears I haven't. I've tried marking the channel as read but they still show as unread. It's not a big deal, just something that made me wonder if it was only me.

• Admin
    commented on 's reply
    I also had to clear the server cache so that may have had an impact as well.

• knitterlady13
    replied
    FreedomLover Have you recently cleared your cache? I think you're talking about the little text icons next to the sub-forms/categories? If so, clearing cache might reset those to look like you haven't read those topics. Let me experiment. Hang on.

ETA: OK - So I cleared my history for the last 7 days and all of the icons for threads I've read in the last week turned back to blue.
    Last edited by knitterlady13; 09-26-2019, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FreedomLover
    replied
    On my main forums page the sewing categories all have blue folders as if they have new posts, but they don't have new posts. Is anyone else seeing this?

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    commented on 's reply
    The notification will usually bring you directly to the message, if the message was deleted by the author it will give that error message. I'm going to change it so people can see that a message was deleted.

• lovestostitch
    replied
    Admin - This morning I checked my notifications. I had a notification that someone had posted on a topic to which I am subscribed. I clicked on the topic listed in the notification. I got the message that I am not authorized to view that topic. I went to My Groups, found the topic and clicked on it. I was able to view the topic going that route.

Leave a comment:

• KerriLee
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I haven’t entered much yet, but Ive also been doing a whole smattering of finishing and not much starting so I havent yet felt the need to start. However, if you read todays blog post, I had zero wips so it seemed like a great time to start here! And socks, apparently, I’m knitting all the socks. You get socks and you get socks and YOU get socks!

• knitterlady13
    replied
    Admin That's fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• rollinge
    replied
    That sounds terrific!! Thank you Mr Admin...You da man

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    commented on 's reply
    I would like to, I think once we have Stash completely done and integrated the other ones should be pretty straight forward once there is a template in place. Stash/Pattern/Project are all the same basic workflow/visualizations, the first one is a decent amount of work, but once that one is done it's mostly changing formatting and field names for the rest.

• rollinge
    replied
    Admin Are you able to comment on knitterlady13 comment about project pages

Leave a comment:

• knitterlady13
    commented on 's reply
    I think it just depends on how you organize yourself. I started a single blog for projects. Each project will get it's own entry in that blog. Some people may want separate blogs for different craft categories. For me it's just easier to do one blog. I'm mostly posting when I finish. I don't want to put too much effort in at this point since I'm still hoping we'll eventually get project pages. I don't know if that's even planned, but I'm biding my time a bit....I entered my entire stash in 3 different apps in an effort to find one that works. I don't want to re-do that with projects until I'm sure what format will ultimately be here.
Working...
X