Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Deleting Posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Posts

Is there a way to delete a topic? I started one and then saw that another user had already started a discussion on that topic. I looked, but could not find a way to delete mine. Thanks!
    "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Did the gear up in the upper right not give you the option? I have the admin view so I can do all the things.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

I don't see a gear in the upper right. I'm using my tablet so maybe that is why it's not an option for me?
      "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Comment

• DebbiRYarn
        DebbiRYarn commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see the gear either.

Duellingneedles Admin There's no gear in my view either. I'm using a laptop and Chrome.

Comment

K, I just found the setting, you should be able to delete topics you created now, I'm not sure if it's retroactive or not.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          K, I just found the setting, you should be able to delete topics you created now, I'm not sure if it's retroactive or not.
          Thanks! It gave me the option to do a soft delete. I don't see the topic anymore!

Comment

I still don't see it...
            In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

I found it up in the "post reply" bar of my post, next to "filter".

Comment

Originally posted by knitterlady13 View Post
                Duellingneedles Admin There's no gear in my view either. I'm using a laptop and Chrome.
                it is only going to be available if you are the "author" of the topic.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
                =====
                My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

If you posted a comment on a topic, there "should be"
                  UNDER your comment a like that reads
                  edit quote comment flag like

The edit option "should allow" you to edit your comment or to delete it as you decide.

I do not believe that outside a group, anyone but as admin/moderator can move/remove topics or comments they did not author.
                  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
                  =====
                  My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

Working...
                  X