Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Put "breadcrumbs" at bottom of topic pages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put "breadcrumbs" at bottom of topic pages?

Admin , is it possible to put the breadcrumb trail of the current topic page at the bottom of the page as well as at the top? (So this thread's breadcrumb trail is "Home > Forum > General > Tech Support")

Having it at the bottom of the page means desktop users don't have to scroll back to the trail at the top of the page or use the browser's Back button. I know, I know, it's silly, but it would simply navigating around the site.
    Download for free my comprehensive, twelve-hundred-page (!) book, Stitch by Bloody Stitch: Knitting Charts Explained, at my website, http://hollybriscoe.com/first-edition-announced/

Or just press "home" on your keyboard to return to the top.
    “I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that everywhere, wherever you may be, the least plant may bring to you the clear remembrance of the Creator. If you see the grass of the fields, think of human nature, and remember the comparison of the wise Isaiah. “All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.”
    ― Basil the Great

Comment

It sounds like you are using a desktop, if so, it may be you did not notice the "GO TO TOP" at the bottom of the page.
      I have found it very helpful for quicker Navigation
      Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
      =====
      My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

admitting that I didn't know I could do that.
        And immediately tried it.
        It works.
        Thanks.

Comment

• wheat
          wheat commented
          Editing a comment
          don't feel bad, I only found it because I was looking for something - and that was a few weeks after the migration to this platform
          glad it will help you and your post may also help others

Thanks for that reminder, Orthodox_Maiden and wheat. I could also just do, uh, Alt-Left Arrow to go back to the previous page.

But I'm always going to scroll to the bottom of the page to read the new posts, so if the links are down there too, then I save a step.
        Download for free my comprehensive, twelve-hundred-page (!) book, Stitch by Bloody Stitch: Knitting Charts Explained, at my website, http://hollybriscoe.com/first-edition-announced/

Comment

• hereami
          hereami commented
          Editing a comment
          Thx for this.
          Apparently, I need to take a crash course in short cut keys.

While we're at it, could there be an easy way to get from Marketplace back to Forum/Home?
        Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path.

Comment

• wheat
          wheat commented
          Editing a comment
          top of page, next to the "sign In"
          of if you are signed in "My Account"
          Click on Community - brings you to Forum Home Page.

Done!
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Done!
          Woot! Thanks, Admin !

Comment

Working...
          X