LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Adding Photos to a Post

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just fooling around here to see if I can upload a picture...

"We are all normal and we want our freedom"

Comment

Here is a short screencast that I made explaining how to insert images within the body of your post. I will tag Admin in case this ends up being a useful video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2E...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• yarnforall
        yarnforall commented
        Editing a comment
        That was awesome! Thank you so much for showing us how to do this.

• plainjaneknitter
        plainjaneknitter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you SO much. This is much easier (& works better) than what I was doing before.

Originally posted by Techyarnie View Post
      Here is a short screencast that I made explaining how to insert images within the body of your post. I will tag Admin in case this ends up being a useful video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2E...ew?usp=sharing

That was very helpful Techyarnie! Thank you!

Comment

I increased the size limits on pictures so that should work better now as well.
        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Formerly FK - Admin

Comment

Admin, My photos uploaded and appeared in my posts.
          Several hours later POOF! they were gone.
          What caused them to disappear?
          Will they automatically, magically, automagically reappear??
          Or what steps must I take...? Edit posts...? Upload photos again...? Will they stay this time...?
          Anything else I should know...?
          Thank you for your time.

Comment

If I add a photo and add text so that when you scroll over it you can see what it is about, it will show up under my profile in the media tab. However, if I go to add that photo to another post, the text does not stay with the photo. Is there a way to do this. Hoping this makes sense.
            Happy trails, Diana

Comment

Admin - I'm having problems adding photos too. If I click on the camera, it takes me through the steps but all I can get is a small thumbnail shot. I tried various ways of doing it and at some point, I got a bar that listed photo size. I ended up with two medium sized photos and a thumbnail in my post. I have no idea how I got the medium sized ones. I tried to go back and edit out two of the three pictures. It would not let me remove the thumbnail. Is there a tutorial somewhere on the site to explain how to do photos?
              Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

There's this thread: https://vb.ourunraveled.com/forum/ge...otos-to-a-post

If you use the "mountain" icon in the row of icons above the input box it will let you upload and put photo's in-line in the text. If you use the "camera" icon in the upper left it will upload the pictures as thumbnails and the users will have to click on them for full size pictures.

I pinned the above post to help keep it near the top so it's easier to find.
                “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Formerly FK - Admin

Comment

• lovestostitch
                  lovestostitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had read through those threads but I still have issues. The above post does clarify that if you use the camera icon, you can only get a thumbnail so that's good to know. I've been experimenting with the mountain icon and I can get it to work but it also posts a thumbnail. When I go to edit out the thumbnail, you can't tell which one is the medium size and which one is the thumbnail. I just had to experiment to figure out which one to delete so it's possible to get the task done but it's cumbersome.

• Name_Null
                  Name_Null commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the thumbnail is only visible to you while you're editing the post, once it's posted it's a fullsize image I think. I'll test it below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-08-28 18-46-32.png
Views:	91
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	22668

Formerly FK - Admin

Comment

^^ So using the mountain once it's posted there is no thumbnail just the regular size image.

Formerly FK - Admin

Comment

Testing. I used the "mountain" button for this one.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Moss Stitch Bookmark Close Up.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	29396

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moss Stitch Bookmark Close Up.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	29399 Testing again. I used the "upload attachments" button for this one.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
                      X