Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Cheryl Beckerich Knits reducing Ravelry Footprints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheryl Beckerich Knits reducing Ravelry Footprints

I am Cheryl Beckerich and I am a knitwear designer. I am so sad, and mad, about the developments and the toxic atmosphere over at Ravelry. Freedom of speech and tolerance has to go both ways. I am shocked (though I probably shouldn't be) at the level of vitriol and the practice of victimization cries at the slightest use of the wrong word.

I am in the process of weaning off of Ravelry. I have worked with magazines, and yarn companies, as well as doing self published patterns. I don't want to be unfair to the companies that have commissioned my designs, but I can stop selling by self published designs on ravelry. All of my self published pattern are no longer for sale on Ravelry. You can see & purchase my designs at www.cherylbeckerichknits.com.

Use the coupon code Freedom to purchase one pattern at get one free through July 31. Thanks for your support!
    I design and sell Cheryl Beckerich Knits knitting patterns for the hand knitter.

Thank you for putting your money where your mouth is. I know it must be difficult to do.

Comment

designercheryl Thank you so much for your generosity! Your patterns are beautiful! I really love the Dragon's Crescent.

Comment

• designercheryl
        designercheryl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I was on a long, 35 day, camping trip when this all happened. I had really limited internet and time and just didn’t want to mess up a really great trip with all this ugliness. I did know what I would ultimately need to do, but I just wanted to put off the inevitable until I got back to real life. Time didn’t really change anything. It is time to move away from Ravelry and get back to a space where people treat each other civilly.

• Darlagb
        Darlagb commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought Dragon’s Crescent and a cardigan pattern. Aren’t her designs lovely?

Beautiful patterns. Nice to discover them here.

Comment

Good for you, Cheryl. That's a very nice offer you have made (BOGO). Your designs are lovely.

Comment

Hurrah! Just ordered two hat patterns. The messy bun hat I will make for my son’s girlfriend and the Celtic Braid hat will be for me!!!

Comment

• designercheryl
          designercheryl commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by dekpass View Post
        Hurrah! Just ordered two hat patterns. The messy bun hat I will make for my son’s girlfriend and the Celtic Braid hat will be for me!!!
        I ordered the Celtic Braid Hat for me, too... and the Samantha hat to make for my daughter and/or DIL. Thanks Cheryl!

Comment

Cheryl, welcome to Our Unraveled! We're all so very happy that you have joined us!

Thanks for offering this very generous BOGO special. I have posted your sale in the Free Knitting and Crochet Patterns Group, in the Knitting Patterns -- Free For a Limited Time thread. Please let us know whenever you are offering a sale to our members, and we'll be delighted to help spread the word.

Comment

Thank you so much for making this generous offer to us! I ordered Celtic Grace Cardigan and Scottish Ale. I don't have any yarn to make either, so I will have to go yarn shopping once I complete a few of the things I'm working on, more's the pity.
            In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Originally posted by designercheryl View Post
              I am Cheryl Beckerich and I am a knitwear designer. I am so sad, and mad, about the developments and the toxic atmosphere over at Ravelry. Freedom of speech and tolerance has to go both ways. I am shocked (though I probably shouldn't be) at the level of vitriol and the practice of victimization cries at the slightest use of the wrong word.

I am in the process of weaning off of Ravelry. I have worked with magazines, and yarn companies, as well as doing self published patterns. I don't want to be unfair to the companies that have commissioned my designs, but I can stop selling by self published designs on ravelry. All of my self published pattern are no longer for sale on Ravelry. You can see & purchase my designs at www.cherylbeckerichknits.com.

Use the coupon code Freedom to purchase one pattern at get one free through July 31. Thanks for your support!
              Wonderful! I just checked out your patterns and immediately fell in love with the wrapped in love shawl. Just ordered it. Glad to see you here.

Comment

Craft beer patterns and free speech? You might even get my DH to start knitting LOL! I'm going to show him your patterns. I'm curious to see if he'll spring for one for me (cause those sweaters are cute!)

Comment

• designercheryl
                designercheryl commented
                Editing a comment
                My Husband is a brewer. I see so much similarity between the brewing store and the yarn stores!

designercheryl I went to your website to order Celtic Sweater and nothing happened - is there something I should be doing besides just clicking on the sweater picture?
              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

• designercheryl
                designercheryl commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi - Thanks for asking. You can click on the picture or on the name of the pattern, then you click "Add to Cart" Make sure you add at least 2 patterns to the cart because they are buy one get one free with the coupon code Freedom until the end of July.

Thank you for doing this. I, too, left because of the nastiness.

Comment

Thank you for coming here and making your patterns available. Just placed my order.

Comment

Hi Cheryl...Glad you found us!! We have a Group called Pattern Testers you might want to join, and if you haven't found the Designers Corner threads as well as the Tech Editors, you should check them out...The more folks we have involved, the more successful we will all be!! Happy trails, Diana
                  Happy trails, Diana

Comment

Working...
                  X