Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Seller Advertising

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seller Advertising

Hi Sellers,

You might have noticed there are a couple of ad-blocks on the page now for seller banners. I've added 2 new subscription levels for user subscriptions, Seller Basic - $10/month and you get a sidebar ad and access to the paid member area where you can post special deals or patterns for paying members and it also will give you a different color for your forum username so other users can identify you as a seller. Seller - Premium, same benefits but a top bar ad for $25/month.

Top Banner - 468x60px
    Side Bar - 250x250px

The ads are flat rate, I will allow 12 "slots" for each ad, meaning if you have a sidebar ad you get 1/12th of the eyeballs that see that ad, top header ad, 1/12th of the eyeballs for the month.

If you're interested in running an ad I can get you the dimensions for the different slots, you can e-mail me the banner and sign up for the subscription. Our goal is for this to be a low cost advertising method for our sellers to get some visibility without having to pay the high prices of facebook or google. This site gets around 10,000 pageviews per day so each ad should be seen a around 800 times per day.

You can go to your profile, Edit Settings-> Subscriptions and select the subscription you want to choose. Then contact me with the ad and URL you would like it to link to and I'll add it to the server. It may take a couple days to get everything squared away.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

WHOA - Don't look now but it looks like we have our first advertiser(s)!!!! LOVIN IT!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Just another reason you are totally awesome!

• ItsAllJustString
      ItsAllJustString commented
      Editing a comment
      my ad is not an affiliate ad and I am pleased to say that based on my stats - number of hits and orders placed - it has already proved itself as something to continue.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      ItsAllJustString that is wonderful!!!

I love and appreciate the transparency I find here. It makes me want to do more not less. Love this place!

Comment

Now that we've had ads running for a bit I'm happy to provide stats on views/clicks if people are interested in adding one. ItsAllJustString has had pretty good luck so far and some of the affiliate programs have had good traffic.
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Comment

I am interested in advertising. Will have to figure out a banner. Can I send Infor to you through messages on here?

Comment

I'm seeing Google ads on the right hand side - same size as the what I would guess are "our" ads. Is this something just coming on my computer or are these paid ads as well?
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are Google adsense ads, if we get enough of our own vendors where I need to swap that out with our own ads I'll do that. Currently we only have a couple advertisers from the site and some affiliate ads so those are a stable revenue stream.

I am interested in advertising.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! Would you want to do the smaller sidebar ad or the top banner section?

• VivianLouise
          VivianLouise commented
          Editing a comment
          Sidebar, thanks!

What is fiberkind? I went looking for it but???

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          It's us!! We're changing the name to something that reflects where we want to go, rather than where we've been. The site and content will all remain it's just a change of logo and URL (the URL will likely change tomorrow morning). All of the URL's (vb.ourunraveled, ourunraveled and fiberkind) will all point to the community so nobody will get lost but the branding will be switched over!

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment

Admin I signed up and paid for two months advertising and of course got busy and never figured out how to send in my ad. Can I still send it and have it run?
        I canceled this subscription on the 13th and was billed again today 10/15
        Last edited by BigFootFibers; 10-15-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

BigFootFibers I refunded the extra payment that went through, can you DM me? If you get your ad over to me I'll run it for the 2 months you already paid for.

Comment

Working...
          X