Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

The Knitting Guild Association

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Knitting Guild Association

Are there any other members of TKGA here?

I joined last fall and have completed their Basics class, am now working on the last lesson of Taming Tension, and plan to start their Master Hand Knitting class when I finish this one. I also really want to take their Tech Editing class.
    "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Not a member, but considering it. If nothing else, I want to take a look through the articles they have available. I've been evaluating things people have posted about the master certification to see if I could work on the skills on my own without forking over the money (which I'd rather spend on fiber ).

Comment

I can understand that!
      "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Comment

I was a long time ago. I took part 1 of the Master Knitting Program. I had a very strict judge, but I learned a lot. It is definitely worthwhile.

Comment

• Duellingneedles
          Duellingneedles commented
          Editing a comment
          I have really enjoyed the 2 classes I've taken and learned a lot.

• yarnforall
          yarnforall commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s a quality program!

I've been debating taking the class for years.... I just don't feel I'm good enough and really was never interested in designing or knowing a sweater... But maybe since I'm moving to CT where it get cold .. I may change my mind

Comment

• Duellingneedles
          Editing a comment
          The Basics class would be a good introduction to their classes to see if you'd be interested in continuing on with another course.

I've been considering re-joining. The newsletter had interesting articles as well, joining in the master knitting groups wasn't all they used to do...is it only the classes now?

Comment

• Duellingneedles
          Editing a comment
          I think they do other things, but I haven't really looked into what other options there are. The closest guild is over 2 hours from me, so I haven't joined an actual group.

I used to be a member and have completed the Knitting Judge certification, and Levels 1&2 of the Master Knitter program. I had all of Level 3 done except for the sweater when life got in the way. Now I need to finish that, rejoin, get the updated instructions, and finish once and for all! I enjoyed it and really learned a lot.

Comment

I started the Tech Editing course this week and think I'm a bit overwhelmed. LOL There's a LOT to remember. I have a ton of books on the way that I ordered used from Amazon sellers.

Has anyone else taken this course?

Comment

• turtlefolK
          turtlefolK commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't taken the course, but it is my dream course lol Cheering you on!

In my perfect life, I would go through all their classes! {heart}

Comment

Originally posted by Duellingneedles View Post
          Are there any other members of TKGA here?

I joined last fall and have completed their Basics class, am now working on the last lesson of Taming Tension, and plan to start their Master Hand Knitting class when I finish this one. I also really want to take their Tech Editing class.
          I've been a member for years but only just bought the Basics class this past Spring. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet but I have discovered that my tension is now rowing out a bit. Is the tension class worth it?

Comment

• Duellingneedles
            Editing a comment
            I learned a lot in the tension class. I am still working on getting the edge stitches even, but have the knowledge now of what I need to do. I highly recommend the tension class!

• lady8
            lady8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

I took Basics several years ago as a beginning knitter and it really helped.

Comment

Working...
          X