Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Any Double Knitters here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Double Knitters here?

Hi I am interested in Double knitting right now, I have finished a hot pad, and a couple of reversible scarves. I am moving on to double knit hats and finger-less gloves. I am aiming to do a blanket in the future. Have you done any double knitting?

I teach double knitting. I mostly teach students to make pot holders and coasters in my classes. Your projects are lovely!

Comment

Nice projects. I have done double knitting in the past but not for a while.

Comment

I'm going between brioche or double knit for a project when I finish my socks... Or I may do another set socks because my husband loves them... Then definitely time to change

Comment

Originally posted by dawnmckoy View Post
          I teach double knitting. I mostly teach students to make pot holders and coasters in my classes. Your projects are lovely!
          Thank You KnittyProfessor ,blush, I look forward to all the inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by solsken View Post
            I'm going between brioche or double knit for a project when I finish my socks... Or I may do another set socks because my husband loves them... Then definitely time to change
            Solsken, I could never have the discipline for one project at a time, I move between projects as the spirit moves me... I have sweaters, socks, hats and DBL knit fingerless-gloves right now.... !

Comment

Hi! I actually have a separate post asking for help with some double knitting. I should have started with something smaller than a blanket! Your projects look really nice!

Comment

• fiddlesticks2
                fiddlesticks2 commented
                Editing a comment
                the small project I started with was very challenging, but reasoned after I completed it I should be able to tackle anything. I do have a blanket in my future as well, Santa and Sleigh...

I have only done 1 double knitting project, but I really enjoyed it.
              "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Comment

fiddlesticks2 Excellent!

i have a book on double knitting. It is a new skill I am learning. So far I have made a scarf for my son.

Comment

• fiddlesticks2
                  fiddlesticks2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wonderful! Yes I am learning from a book as well. Time to learn new things! Would love to see your scarf.....any pics?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3C33007E-8034-40B7-B306-8B61CD5DB2A0.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	6773 I decided to have a go at double knitting - start as you mean to go on right? - with Il Burato, a sockmatician pattern. I'm now 20/28ths of the way through but this was a couple of patterns ago
                Click image for larger version

Name:	7E65CF49-670E-4937-B4F9-D8AADC09EE6D.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	6772

Comment

• fiddlesticks2
                  fiddlesticks2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow! Brave and i am in awe.....

• Kristen.rosebud
                  Kristen.rosebud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is beautiful! It's so intricate, I can't imagine taking it on with young kids in the house... but someday I'd love to try.

• Hellokitten
                  Hellokitten commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow! That is amazing!

My mom is a double knitter. She said that she was spending too much money on yarn, so she started double knitting to slow her self down. Haha. Love everyone's pics♡

Comment

I've enjoyed double-knitting... mostly small projects: decorative heels of socks, scarves, doll items.

Comment

I used to do quite a bit of double knitting. The Knit Star Scarf from Crafty Chick Knits was one of my favorite quick and easy projects. This is the one I made for my son who was in the Navy. The pattern is out of print now, but I found it intact on the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. If you'd like to check out the pattern, I've pasted the link below:
                    https://web.archive.org/web/20070625...ar%20Scarf.htm

Comment

I know how to double knit, but I haven’t actually completed a pattern using it... just started a coaster to teach myself and frogged it. :-)
                      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

Double knitting is on my want-to-learn list. I actually signed up for a double knit afghan KAL a few years ago to learn, but life got in the way and it didn't happen. I am more likely to stick to things and learn if a KAL with a supportive group is involved.

Comment

Working...
                        X