Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Have you found a way to manage your projects, your knitting que, etc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you found a way to manage your projects, your knitting que, etc?

I forgot that I had set up a personal wiki right after #Rexit.

I finished a sweater and picked up DH's sweater vest. I couldn't remember where I was and am using Barbara Walker's Top Down book. I found the wiki when I was searching my hard drive to see if I had started a spreadsheet on it or something.

I love that the wiki is mine. It doesn't run on a platform and no one can yank it out from under me because I want to vote for Zoolander or something.

I don't love how fiddly it is. I keep thinking Evernote may be a better solution. But EN is stored in the cloud on their platform. I may just stick with fiddly.

How are you handling this?

For now, I'm glad I have my notes and can finish knitting his sweater vest. He'll need it by mid-November probably.

I started with Evernote, but I don't love that there is only one view option. It makes it difficult to easily find a single item in that particular notebook. So for now I'm using Airtable because they have a gallery view option. I can customize and easily change what info shows up on the cards and then click over to a larger more complete view. I can also link my stash entries to project entries. Yes, it's an online platform, but I also like that I can download all of my info into a spreadsheet. I'm hoping that will make it easier to move that info here if we do get project pages.

Here's are a couple of screen shots. I have tab for projects and one for stash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	30015Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	30016

Comment

• runner5
      runner5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never heard of it and I agree - it does look well suited for managing projects, stash and probably even a que. I'm off to do a search.

runner5 Someone on here suggested it (I think on our first platform) and it's working well for me. There have been other suggestions as well, but I can't think of the thread names. I should have added that you can also upload from a .csv file. That's how I got my stash on there (because I'd downloaded an excel file of my R stash before deleting my account) and then just added the photos that I had from R.

Comment

• runner5
      runner5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I found it and I'm in. Thanks for mentioning it because it definitely has possibilities. I'll keep playing with it !

Originally posted by runner5 View Post
    It doesn't run on a platform and no one can yank it out from under me because I want to vote for Zoolander or something.
    Sorry, no idea, but that is the funniest thing I have heard about all the R furore. Thank you for making me splutter my coffee

Comment

runner5 I should have included a link! Glad you found it.

Comment

Working...
      X