This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

What are you knitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you knitting?

I ordered some sock yarn from England - WYS in the colorway Robin. I love the way it is knitting up.

Meanwhile my youngest grandson asked where his are and I'm trying to finish DH's sweater vest in shetland wool.

What are you knitting? I have an FO I need to post in the other thread but need to get pictures.

I am knitting the Snow zone hat in the test knit area.

Click image for larger version  Name:	208F697A-5825-4699-AF0B-26499E8CB0D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	348.4 KB ID:	39283

I am also knitting some of the Wool and the Gang leopard print socks. I am not exactly following the pattern - I really didn’t want to do the afterthought heel, but - I think they are turning out just fine:

Click image for larger version  Name:	E0EFD78F-BD0F-41B2-B050-21EE94C24D90.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	39284

I also have an advent scarf I will finish someday. Maybe by next Christmas. Lol

Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Comment

I'm working on a Beren shawl:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360-1r.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	39316
      The yarn is an odd collection of handspun. The white is silk hankies, the black is a wool/alpaca blend, and the purple is spun from dyed KP Gloss wool/silk top. The unblocked shape of the shawl is a bit weird, but there's enough stretch that it should come out okay.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Sings4joy
        Sings4joy commented
        Editing a comment
        This so beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing. I love, love what you are both doing. Char what yarn are you using for the hat? Heather - I love your yarn and was glad you described it (but a little sad that I can't run out and buy it!)

I'm determined to knit the yarn I have before buying more but I'm not really inspired by most of it. Must KNIT!!

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        The hat is Brava Sport. The dark is “camel”, then white and cream. It is very soft yarn. I am also making a blanket with it. Guess I should post a pic here! Lol

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        So - what is in your stash you are trying to be inspired by? Maybe we can help!

Here is the blanket I am making with brava sport. This is the jewel version of the hue shift afghan. I totally intend to make it someday.... lol

Name:	C4671675-9DAB-46CE-9FCA-9519DB615A66.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	39631
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +27; YTD -246

Comment

Of course you can!

Comment

I have been working on a sweater from Rosemary Drysdale's Enterlac. It's really more of a shawl with the sides sewn up. I made socks to match it first so now I'm committed, hahaha! Anyway, this is what I have so far Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-01-21 20.15.28.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	40232

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          beautiful! What are the yarn details?

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you😁 The yarn is Premier Serenity Sock in the color dark water. I really like the softness and it's way more economical than the suggested yarn for the sweater. It seems like it will take forever to finish but I hope to have it done in time for spring 🌷

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          I look forward to seeing progress pictures!!

This shawl is a favorite pattern called Multnomah Shawl. I love the feather and fan, ripple effect. I'm using an undyed fingering weight along with a dyed yarn from A Homespun House, dyed by Molly's sister Amy and created for their Overdose Awareness fundraiser. the color was a surprise for those purchasing it; as I wasn't prepared for something so dark, I decided I needed to combine it with the undyed yarn to kind of soften it. I also see the dark and light as a kind of metaphor, drugs creeping into the lightness of life. I know so few families that have NOT been affected by drug addiction in some way, including my own. I have a half-brother who became addicted to heroin in his late teens, early twenties. I didn't grow up with him so didn't know him well but I think of him along with many others when I work on this. His death 20 years ago was drug-related and we think he took his own life. happily, I know of many success stories!

Name:	7B95A040-1B6B-4F55-8B01-68FBFFE4878D_4_5005_c.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	65047Click image for larger version

Name:	F63375E5-96B6-41B0-BF13-093F050ABA8A_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	65050
        Attached Files
        https://friendsofpineridgereservation.org
        http://mccny.org/mccnycharities.html
        http://warmthforwarriors.com
        http://hatsforsailors.com
        https://www.projectlinus.org

what does the Lord required of you?
        To act justly and to love mercy and walk humbly with your God.

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          This is beautiful!!! I love how the undyed yarn makes the other pop!

• Kathy7661
          Kathy7661 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very pretty and meaningful!

• Sings4joy
          Sings4joy commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, things have changed, “things” being my mind...the more I worked on the shawl, the less I liked the darker yarn so this morning, it took it out back to where the pattern begins. Yes, it was a lot to take out but I must admit I feel much better about it.

I’ve learned a big lesson, don’t buy yarn sight unseen!!

It's the Celtic myths shawl.
        https://startknitting.org/shawl-scar...tting-pattern/

Comment

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, this is beautiful, and I love your choice of yarn 😊😊

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          So pretty! I love the cables along the border.

• pinesprairie
          pinesprairie commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a beautiful pattern and those fall colors are some of my favorites. It's going to be perfect.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X