728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

🎃 October 2021 Finished Knitted Projects. 🎃

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

🎃 October 2021 Finished Knitted Projects. 🎃

Post your projects completed in October here! 🎃
    The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time. -SpongeBob SquarePants

My first FO for the month, hopefully not the last: Purple Bankhead Hat knit with Mollygirl Yarns Rockstar Superwash Merino WW. Size L.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0676.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	114154
    The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time. -SpongeBob SquarePants

Comment

"Naiada" shawl by Martina Behm. Yarn is Black Cat Fibers Nomad sock yarn in color "Goodnight Moon". The yarn does not allow the full impact of the stitch pattern to show, which kind of looks like a small wave, but I'm happy with the final result.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211005_172858785_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	114312Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211005_172410862.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.7 KB ID:	114313Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211005_172113628_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.4 KB ID:	114314
      ​"​​​​Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

• K2-Tog
        K2-Tog commented
        Editing a comment
        The stitch pattern is amazing and I do like the colors of the yarn with it!

• Woolfan
        Woolfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you K2-Tog. 🙂 I love most of Martina Behm's designs. Her patterns are very well written and supported, and they work with most yarns. The yarn I bought last month at a fiber festival. I could not wait to knit it - it looked like gold, silver, bronze, yellow, and rich blue and black flowing over my fingers. I usually buy from these folks every year at the festival because I love their products. Here's their website in case you're curious:

https://www.blackcatfibers.com/

Spooky Pumpkin Mitts! 🎃

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211011_145227730.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	114892Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211011_145414981_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	114893Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211011_145428139_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.7 KB ID:	114894
      ​"​​​​Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

• hereami
        hereami commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Great work.
        Did you knit them flat and then join or in the round?

• Woolfan
        Woolfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, hereami. 🙂 They're knit in the round. It was a free pattern and, other than my husband having to use the Microsoft Word program on his computer to enlarge the charts, it wasn't a bad pattern. I learned a lot about keeping floats loose and color dominance on these.

I completed a baby blanket based on the Clary Baby Blanket Pattern by Deborah O'Leary (deboraholearypatterns.com). The pattern was wonderful, but I wanted the blanket to be larger, so I used the 4 panel patterns listed, then added a panel each of hearts, double seed stitch. The blanket turned out to be about 42" square. Since the recipient has some allergies, I chose Berroco Comfort (50% Nylon, 50% acrylic) in colors Blue Angel, Navy Blue, Delft Blue, Ash Grey. I was pleased with how it turned out.

I also (finally!) completed the second sock in Diana's Trail Socks (an old favorite) in black Yarn Bee Must Be Merino (50% Merino, 50% acrylic). They are so plush and comfy - good thing since the weather is getting colder!

Comment

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fleecie these sound like great projects! You sure had a productive month 😊

• hereami
        hereami commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job completing projects this month.
        I have heard finishing that second sock can be a chore.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X