728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

July 2020 FO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2020 FO's

Show off your July finished projects!
    Debbie

Stashbusting MAL WTD 0/YTD +75 (2021 -288)(2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 0/30 (2021-26)(2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
    Crochet Is My Yoga

All done! Minus washing and blocking - of course, i cant wait for all that to take pictures!!! 😄 Turned out pretty good! Im proud of my Ice Yarns purchase right now, this yarn really did well. --> Elite Wool (fyi, skeins are hit and miss)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200707_131959.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	61027

Name:	20200707_132042.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	61028
    Stashbusting MAL 2020: WTD=12, YTD=-69

Comment

KnitSwag: *personalized knitting swag, designed by an actual knitter.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/knitswag

Comment

The cables hat is made with a handspun yarn: 25% labradoodle (From my dad’s dog) and 75% BFL.

The blue hat is also made from handspun, of mystery wool from my neighbor’s pet sheep. I spun it on a vi rage bottom whorl drop spindle (Weighing 4 oz) from the 1970s. I plied it from the center pull cone that I pulled off the spindle shaft, then wound a center pull ball and cake dyed it using Easter egg dye tablets.

Comment

• Char
      Char
      Administrator
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      So pretty!!! How does the labradoodle feel? Sounds intriguing.

This is a Shaw I made using laceweight alpaca/silk blend yarn. I started with a basic Faroese shape, but dramatically increased the number of increases so it would be extra wide. I added a row of eyelets every 2 rows or so. It is around 150 g of white yarn. Then I used handspun, hand dyed yarn to chain stitch in the eyelets to form ruching.

It was all an experiment. I thought it would be neat to have laceweight arm that’s been dyed with resist marks. So. I ripped out the chain stitching and made a hat out of it.

Then I mailed the shawl to a YouTube dyer who is going to use it as a shawl blank (like a sock blank, only
    much larger). I’m excited to see if she chooses to add the ruching back into it before she dyes it. I have no idea what color or technique she’ll use, and I’m excited to see how it turns out.

Once it’s dyed, she’ll unravel it and send it back to me. I know that knitted blanks are usually unraveled by the person doing the knitting, but I thought it would be neat for people to see what it looks like unraveled as well.

Comment

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie
      Expert Crafter
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      That is very interesting. I had to go look up some of the terminology to understand the process and now I'm looking forward to seeing your next pictures. I didn't know what resist marks were or that there was even such a thing as a shawl blank so thank you for sharing! Do you think you would ever try and dye it yourself?

• Snoogins
      Snoogins
      Snoogins commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds like a cool process!

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      It will be amazing. I've never heard of a shawl blank before!

Shawl blank is something new! I invented it after I decided my shawl needed some color. 😉 But I am Avery amateur dyer and font have any commercial dyes, only done Easter egg dye tablets, which have a limited color palette.

I do some dyeing at times, but I’m sponsoring an episode on the dyer’s YouTube channel and thought this would be something fun and different. Her channel has been around a long time and she’s done hundred of videos, but never a shawl blank. So I thought it would be interesting for people. 😃

Comment

Name:	StockinetteStitch_10.png
Views:	236
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	63721I hope this is okay to post here. I know it's not a physical knitted project, but my knitting and my graphic design and very closely intertwined! This month I completed a new knitting font! It's 10 stitches high, and has decorative upper case, an 8-stitch lower case, and a 5 stitch small caps. I started making knitting fonts because whenever I would use rectangular graph paper to design fair isle letters for Christmas stockings, I wasn't happy with the way the diagonals would look, especially on letters with plenty of curves, like B, P, R, etc. . Not I can see in advance how the letters will look and it's super easy to create new letter charts!

Comment

I've nearly exhausted my Sugar'n Cream stash. I made some small cloths for mom. She loves them for wiping up spills and such.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200727_104829.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	64399
      Debbie

Stashbusting MAL WTD 0/YTD +75 (2021 -288)(2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
      Book Challenge 0/30 (2021-26)(2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
      Crochet Is My Yoga

Comment

I knit Martha Cardigan by designer Kim Hargreaves using Tuskenknits Classic Wool and High Feather silk/mohair held double, both in color Callais. Highly recommend this pattern and definitely Tuskenknits yarn!!

Comment

Finished this out of Woolfolk Tynd - pattern - Threshold by Melanie Berg
      Attached Files

Comment

Just finished hemming these kitchen towels.

Name:	Hobo1.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	65007Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobo3.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	65008Click image for larger version

Name:	Hobo2.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	65009

Comment

​ Soundtrack sweater complete, used Lolodidit Divine Yak yarn MC- Bourbon CC- Rivendell

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X