728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

October 2020 Knitted FO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 2020 Knitted FO's

Show off your finished projects completed this month! ​
    Debbie

Stashbusting MAL WTD 0/YTD -372 (2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 18/30 (2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
    Crochet Is My Yoga

Oh my gosh! I LOVE your statement! Collecting yarn is totally a hobby! (and I'm really good at it!)

Comment

• TexasPurl
      TexasPurl commented
      Editing a comment
      Without a doubt, my collecting skills far exceed my knitting & crochet skills. 😉

Finished this pullover for a local charity. Child size 10 years.
    This is my 12th kid’s sweater for charity completed in 2020 - I hit my goal with time to spare. 🤗
    This thing is heavy and will keep somebody pretty warm. Caron Simply Soft on US 6 needles. 😄
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AAE5EB0A-717D-4659-A83E-8D87EF3A668E.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	78345

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      That is just gorgeous! 12 sweaters? I'm in awe!

• Kokoriffic
      Kokoriffic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, all. I hope it ends up with somebody who will wear it a lot.

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      It is lovely and warm.
      They are going to absolutely love it.

Wait....a goal of 12 sweaters done in a year...And you finished your goal before the end of month 10.
      Way to go!!!
      Woo Hoo!!!

Kokoriffic this is a great sweater, I really like your use of the Christmas colors!
    Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD + 10, YTD - 69

Comment

• Kokoriffic
      Kokoriffic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I just couldn’t get the photo to be accurate with the red. The dark hunter green is right, but the red is a bit browner and not quite so bright.

I got given two Harry Potter gift sets, one with crochet patterns and one with knitted; each has yarn enough for one make. So I started with this Gryffindor knitted hat. I have no idea who will get it yet, as it is way too small for anyone I'm allowed to have contact with (thank you woohooflu).

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks great, I'm sure a recipient will become known to you at some point.

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      Super cute! I hope you get to see people soon. I'm hoping you mean quarantine and not that you have the woohooflu!

• Lemming13
      Lemming13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Rose - no, I haven't caught it, but the family members and friends it would fit live in other zones and aren't allowed to visit at present (and I don't trust the post right now).

I finished a pair of mittens in handspun wool+alpaca blend yarns. Shepherds plaid over the back of the hands and salt and pepper over the remainder.

Name:	P1010842.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	78516

And my Gwendolyn lace shawl. its not blocked yet. but I'm calling it done.
    the color is showing all wrong. its really a deep wine red. the color is called Wine Country.

Name:	P1010731.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	78517

And a bulky knit vest. knit with two strands of Caron Big Cakes.

Name:	P1010742.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	78518

Comment

Finished the hat for this set the other night. This will go to MCCNY, lgbt shelter in NYC.
    https://friendsofpineridgereservation.org
    http://knitherainbow.org
    http://warmthforwarriors.com
    http://hatsforsailors.com
    https://www.projectlinus.org

what does the Lord required of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy and walk humbly with your God.

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      They turned out great!

• Sings4joy
      Sings4joy commented
      Editing a comment
      Snoogins The hat pattern is kind of the waffle pattern; k2p2, the k two rows. The mitts are a basic mitten pattern and I winged it on the thumb and ribbing on the top.

• Sings4joy
      Sings4joy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Rose!

Finished this lovely slouchy beanie for a coworker's girlfriend today. Wrote the pattern and played yarn chicken with the last skein of a discontinued yarn! How many points does that get me? 😂

Name:	20201020_100547.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	79366

Name:	20201020_100945.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	79367
    Stashbusting MAL 2020: WTD=12, YTD=-69

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty! The color is beautiful, and congratulations on winning at yarn chicken 😊😊

• Sommerfugl
      Sommerfugl commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Cute hat!

"Helena's Bonnet" pattern. Added ears and mane to make a lion bonnet for the little neighbor girl who turns one year old on 10/29.
    ​"​​​​Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet the little girl is going to love this hat.

I especially love the rounded ears...so cute.

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      That turned out really cute.

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you hereami, and lovestostitch. 🙂 If anyone is interested in making the ears, I'd be happy to share how I made them.

Another cozy vest. my fourth one of these. this one made with one thread Caron Big Cakes, and one thread Red Heart Ombre knit together. both in shades of purple.

Name:	P1010860.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	79649

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how the colors came out on your vests. Mixing the yarn cakes together is so smart. I would not have thought to do that. Did you plan the color placement or just start at the center of the yarn cakes?

I like the looser neck area as well. I remember trying to get my head thru the tops of sweaters and vests as a kid. I can almost feel my ears stinging from the effort now.

• Sommerfugl
      Sommerfugl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you hereami
      Other then making sure to start at different colors in the sequence, I let them fall where they would.

Well if this isnt the most uneven tension ive ever had in my life, i dont know what is! Heres to hoping it all blocks out okay!

Name:	20201026_215821.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	80337
    Stashbusting MAL 2020: WTD=12, YTD=-69

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh...it looks so warm and cozy. I am sure the recipient is going to love it.
      Perfect for this time of year

• Snoogins
      Snoogins commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol thank you. I am using Paintbox Simply Chunky and yes, the color is one of my favorites. Its super warm and streeeeeeetchy. 😄 A friend wanted me to make him a fisherman's hat, very popular with the hipster crowd, very easy and quick to make!

Im washing and blocking today, fingers crossed it looks a little more professional when i am done. I think the 1x1 ribbing in chunky yarn is the culprit for tension issues. Ya live. Ya learn. 🤷‍♀️😆

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      You are your own worst critic Snoogins. 😉 It looks warm and snuggly, and like autumn sun!

That's a great hat Snoogins and you are too hard on yourself!

Comment

• Snoogins
      Snoogins commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I'm not so hard on myself when I'm just knitting for fun, but when I'm selling something, I get a little critical of my work. The recipient loved it and has been bragging and telling people to buy one from me all week lol! So that's a nice boost of confidence.

Finished the Cap Sleeve Tunic from Vogue knitting magazine (winter 2011-12 issue.) This is the 2nd time I knit this pattern, both with the exact yarn--I frogged the first effort and made it again. Swatching matters! ;-)
    Attached Files

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X