LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

February 2021 Knitted FO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 2021 Knitted FO's

Show off your finished projects completed this month!
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD -4/YTD -4 (2020-712)(2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 7/30 (2020-55)(2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.
    Crochet Is My Yoga

Made a few baby hats.

Comment

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      These are so cute. The red ones are perfect for February and any Valentine's Day babies.

• PurlgirlButtons
      PurlgirlButtons commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Do you donate to a local place or are these for someone special?

Well, here are my "January" socks--a few days late, but finally off the needles, but still in time to enjoy them. It's 11 degrees Fahrenheit (-11 Celsius) outside and it's supposed to snow again tonight and get even colder for the week!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210206_081724.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	89354

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• hereami
      hereami commented
      Editing a comment
      These are so nice. You did a great job on them.
      Which yarn did you use??

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      hereami --Thanks! This is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply. Colorway is Owl, 877. I love the yarn--it's BFL and nylon, 75/25. (heel/toe is in poppy seed) I think it's my new favorite yarn, really nice and soft! I'm almost half done with another pair in the Wood Pigeon colorway. Definitely will order more of it.

For FO Friday!
    Here is a more finished picture of my Lunna Jumper, from Ann Feitelson's book, The Art of Fair Isle Knitting. I used KnitPIcks Palette, which I would recommend for Fair isle knitting, due to its sticky qualities and good color selection. They also sell a color card (which could save you from buying many unnecessary skeins in the long run.) I was able to stretch it a little bit with blocking, which I had hoped so that it would be more roomy and drape nicely more like a tunic. I probably could re-wet the bottom ribbing and pull it in a bit, but it might stretch back with wearing. I like the fit.
    Char, I did weave in the ends, it only took a couple of evenings!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	File_000 (19).jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	90464Click image for larger version

Name:	File_000 (18).jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	90463
    2021 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 2/28/21= (0) YTD =+19

Comment

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      That is gorgeous! 😍

• Sommerfugl
      Sommerfugl commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow this is wonderful! You did a great job on this!

• PurlgirlButtons
      PurlgirlButtons commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all, It's nice to share with people who appreciate the work!

Note to self: do not post on the internet while migraine-ing. You'll forget to write out the caption, dufus.

I worked up some quick knits this month starting with finishing up the kiddo's gloves (not pictured). Then hubs finally asked for a replacement beanie since the original has been loved to death-- literally. I saw this really cute trend of knitted scrunchies, and well, I just had to give that a go. Scrunchies are back y'all!
    The last photo is the much needed final pair of gloves this season, my own! It was perfect timing too, because the very next day Elsa came to town and gave us our very own ice-pocalypse in which we were without power for 36 hrs with temps in the teens. All in all, it was a very fruitful knitting month and I'm proud to have knocked out so many items from my knitting to-do list.
    "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Comment

• Suthernknitwitt
      Suthernknitwitt commented
      Editing a comment
      hereami The pattern is called Granger Mitts by Wanded Knits and Crochet (Jenny Noto is her name I believe.)
      It was a very fun and quick knit. I finished them both in just two days.

• Suthernknitwitt
      Suthernknitwitt commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrunchie Pattern:
      https://savlabot.com/?p=3824

• K2-Tog
      K2-Tog commented
      Editing a comment
      Suthernknitwitt - Great Stuff - all of it!
      And yay, scrunchies are back! My hair is thankful! And thank you for the link!

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X