Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

A First Make-A-Long ----- Prize Drawing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A First Make-A-Long ----- Prize Drawing

Welcome to the Bind Off Post thread for the Prize Drawing. The prize is a $6 (USD) Etsy credit.

• To be eligible for a prize you must:

1, Have officially entered the MAL (by reading the prize rules and commenting "I'm in and have read and agree to the rules.") This list of entered folks is in the first post of the MAL thread.
    2. Post a Bind Off Post in this thread that contains:
    o A Picture of your project on August 1. Your project does not need to be done to be eligible. Just show us what you've got!
    o Tell us how your project fits the make-a-long. This MAL was all about rediscovering the joy of making. Tell us what you enJOYed about making your project.

Each post is assigned a post number located in the upper right corner (ex. this is post #1). Your post number will be your number for the drawing. The entries will be open until August 1, 2019 Midnight EST and the drawing will take place on August 2. I will enter numbers 2 - N (N being the number of posts entered by August 1, 2019 Midnight EST) in a random number generator and the person whose post number matches the drawn number is the winner!

Edited to add: If you did not enter for the prize and just were participating for fun, your bind-off post belongs in the original MAL thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by snickerdoodle; 08-01-2019, 07:09 AM.

Bind off post: Not binding off yet as you can see! Purl Soho oversized striped garter stitch scarf, not finished yet but making good progress! It takes a long time to complete a row- 420 stitches w fingering weight yarn not held double. Started on vacation when our KAL started and split my time with two other projects I am working on. So glad I got this started and am getting it done! Thanks for the KAL! ETA: gorgeous yarn ( the pale blue is rustic cattail silk that doesn’t slip easily off the needles) but a tedious project since the scarf is all garter stitch. Will be loved and worn a lot when I am finished!

Last edited by KatB44; 08-01-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190731_080501.jpg Views:	0 Size:	262.3 KB ID:	14169 This MAL was meaningful to me in several ways... I had lost some steam during the unfortunate events in recent months and I can recall an immediate search for other knitting communities. That of course landed me here and I was thrilled to find a MAL that was purposed to get us re-engaged with the crafts we all love and establish new connections, find old ones, etc. I have been encouraged and inspired by the tone of the posts and love the focus of this one on helping us remember the joy of crafting. I also gained new energy to press on to complete my shawl project and enjoy seeing what others are working on! I think regardless of the prize, we are truly all winners here!
      Last edited by lcnrainbow; 08-01-2019, 09:17 AM. Reason: Corrected typo

Comment

I started and finished several things over the past few weeks. I had really lost my mojo. For me this MAL was about getting my knitting mojo back.

and boy did I!

I enJOYed this new to me shortie pattern:

9142290B-06FF-4A9F-8C04-F1F4C696DCEE.jpeg

I enJOY learning new techniques as this TAAT pair:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	64D7E722-645B-4C85-944C-3D2325CD9308.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	14476

I enJOY knitting for those I care about:

Click image for larger version  Name:	C7E4A65D-1526-4BA4-86AD-A6447FE5761B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	159.8 KB ID:	14477

I enJOYed finishing this test knit (a final act):
        Click image for larger version  Name:	FA847542-1F28-40B5-A664-37637FABF647.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	153.3 KB ID:	14479

I enJOY the new friends I am making in the Sock Knitting KAL - here is a test knit I pre-knit for our next knit along. The full socks will be posted in the Sock Knitters United group this evening when the patterns are
        released:

Click image for larger version  Name:	BEB11272-8C6F-437C-91E7-C2DDB29568B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	195.8 KB ID:	14480

And last, but definitely not least, I get joy out of knitting for charitable reasons. These will be auctioned off on Saturday at our campground to raise money for Riley Children’s Hospital:

a rug, maybe for a nursery?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	68A091CC-4674-4931-99A7-4766FBF624D2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	285.5 KB ID:	14481

and a WIP corner to corner lap-gan or baby blanket:

Click image for larger version  Name:	9ED9176C-D9D4-4AB1-B19E-205697592A3B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	323.1 KB ID:	14482

BOY DID I EVER GET MY KNITTING MOJO BACK! Thank you Admin and snickerdoodle. I would probably be still in a crafty funk if it wasn’t for this site.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Char; 08-01-2019, 07:18 PM.
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• snickerdoodle
          snickerdoodle commented
          Editing a comment
          Char -- Thank you for understanding. If you want to edit this post to show your TAAT socks, please feel free or post on the original MAL thread. I love seeing the socks that come off your needles!

• snickerdoodle
          snickerdoodle commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! You've been busy this month! The projects are all beautiful, but I especially liked hearing about how they each brought you joy. I'm glad you're here.

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!!! This website is so awesome. 🥰

I enjoyed this MAL... it was a joy to find such a lovely group of people, and brand new website, to share my love of knitting and crochet. I knit these items with that joy. I look forward to future fun events here, and getting to know new (to me) friends.

First I made this baby topper sweater for my granddaughter:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2280.jpg Views:	3 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	14608

When I finished that early, I cast on another MAL project, these lace fingerless mitts for my daughter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5435.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	14743

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-02-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• KatB44
          KatB44 commented
          Editing a comment
          @ sewbizgirl, Your pics aren’t showing up!

Thank you all for bringing a joy of knit back to me. It was so inspiring to find people who share my thoughts.
        Here's my latest FO.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190801_203619.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	14374
        I use a pattern of Effervescence Cardigan by Olga Buraya-Kefelian. I really enjoyed to knit lace pattern and 1x1 rib. It was fist time when I made a decent 1×1 rib (used a new technique this time). I've made it for myself as a treat after making a few FO for my baby boy. I'll count it as completed although I still need to find proper buttons.

Comment

• lcnrainbow
          lcnrainbow commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh that is soooo pretty!

• bean
          bean commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW your sweater is amazing!!! Beautiful color choice, too!

• snickerdoodle
          snickerdoodle commented
          Editing a comment
          This is gorgeous!

My bind off post. Therapy Shawl

Comment

• bean
          bean commented
          Editing a comment
          gorgeous work!!

• ILVLUCY
          ILVLUCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bean

They’re done! These are for my granddaughters ages 2 and 5.

https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=5419&cid=17

The yarn is Cascade Yarns Cherub DK.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	886099FE-06B6-4ECB-AC4B-DABEF0A478FE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	183.8 KB ID:	14425

Last edited by FreedomLover; 08-01-2019, 06:49 PM. Reason: Adding pattern link
        In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

My first completed MAL! This hat was all about the Joy of learning! I learned that charts are not scary, colours out of your comfort zone are beautiful, and how to hold 2 strands of yarn and keep a good tension. I may or may not finish it with a Pom Pom.
          Thank you to the host of the MAL! I am also enjoying reading and seeing others projects! Beautiful work!!

Comment

• bean
            bean commented
            Editing a comment
            gorgeous hat, TheColourBlue !! WOW!!

• ILVLUCY
            ILVLUCY commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your hat and colors

I finished the sweater for my daughter and I got about halfway on the shawl for myself. I enjoyed making the sweater because my daughter really likes the things I make for her and wears them a lot. The color fading was a lot of fun. The shawl has also been an enjoyable project and I like how light and lacy it is turning out. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190728_190214.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	14538Click image for larger version

Name:	20190728_190047.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	14539
          Last edited by yumi; 08-01-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I think I posted in the wrong spot so here we go again! I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to delete the comment on the other thread, oi! :P

Here are my FOs for the month of July -- one sock, 2 dishcloths and one afghan (crochet)

Click image for larger version  Name:	67585455_1327371684070182_3282383839200018432_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.0 KB ID:	14626

I really enjoyed this KAL / these projects because they really helped me get my yarn MOJO back! I had been in a slump for so long -almost a year- without finishing anything if you can believe it!! Thank you, ladies for helping to motivate me to get back into what makes me the most happy, creating beautiful & useful things out of string
            “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell

Comment

• ILVLUCY
              ILVLUCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Love your socks and those afghan colors!

• snickerdoodle
              snickerdoodle commented
              Editing a comment
              Yay for yarn mojo!! Looks like you have it in spades now!

Bind off post:

Finished my daughter’s Christmas sweater yesterday. Now I just have to do my son’s before Christmas. The problem is that I’ve become aware of so many more sources of free patterns in the past month, so my list of projects I want to do has grown. A lot.

I liked this project because it had it had a bit of color-work, but was pretty easy after that. And the texture pattern will be easy to use in socks in the future.

Comment

• ILVLUCY
              ILVLUCY commented
              Editing a comment
              Love it! I can't even think about Christmas yet! ...but it will be here in 4 months! yikes!

I finished this a few days ago, but I couldn't find the prize drawing thread. Hope I'm not too late!

Bind Off Post:

I finished this shawl a few days ago and was planning to try wet blocking and then killing it (if the wet blocking didn't help) but I threw my back out and can barely move, so that's not happening any time soon! So I'm just going to repost the pic I took when I first finished it and call that good.

What I enJoyed about this project:
            I've had these three skeins of Simply Soft hanging out in my stash for a long time and just loved the way they look together. They're bright and beautiful and so very soft. Just working with the beautiful colors was enough, but the pattern was also a bit more difficult than anything I've done before, and I loved expanding my skills by learning some new techniques. I loved every minute of making this beautiful shawl and I look forward to being able to wear it. 💖
            ~If I could attack with a more sensible approach, obviously that's what I'd be doing... Right?!~

Comment

Congratulations, FreedomLover! You are the winner of our First Make-a-long! I will DM you to coordinate getting you the $6 USD Etsy Credit.

Thank you to everyone who participated, shared, and crafted along with us!

Comment

• FreedomLover
                FreedomLover commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!! I'm so excited!

• lcnrainbow
                lcnrainbow commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank YOU Snickerdoodle for being our moderator, it has been fun!

• snickerdoodle
                snickerdoodle commented
                Editing a comment
                Aww, you're welcome! When I started the MAL on the other platform (which seems so long ago!) I wasn't sure anyone would join in and thought I might be knitting alone. I am so thrilled that people came and wanted to participate. It's been a fun month seeing what everyone has been working on!

Congrats FreedomLover!

Comment

Working...
            X