Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Americana Keyhole Scarf KAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rkennell Most of the time he' s a great sport when it comes to my knitting - my best friend, especially since I lost his dad. I'm afraid our closest neighbors must think the heat has finally made us crack! Thanks for the kind words re the scarf. I was pretty unhappy about the way my 'stars' came out, but okay with the rest.

Comment

Sorry for just disappearing, life kind of exploded on me! I finished my scarf and I got the tag attached. Thank you Char and thank you for sending one for my sister's scarf too! I just ordered the yarn for hers and will be getting started as soon as it gets here. I'm very pleased with how the scarf turned out ♥️
      ~If I could attack with a more sensible approach, obviously that's what I'd be doing... Right?!~

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        That is beautiful!!!! 😊

• qfknit
        qfknit commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

Well....I'm still working on mine, but I got a rude awakening this week, my garage roof caved in and there is a massive amount of garbage to clean up and my dad ended up coming over several days and cleaning and then he decided that the trees in our yard had to be cut out and cleaned up. I had a test knit that had to be finished yesterday and that's about all I have done for the past week. I'm hoping to be able to finish my scarf soon, but unfortunately life, or rather garage, got in the way! Actually the garage isn't finished yet. have to pay a group of guys to fix it now!

Comment

• Joylinnknits
        Joylinnknits commented
        Editing a comment
        I know! I keep asking, when will it end. Dishwasher died, stove died but could be revived, Shower leaked through to the ground floor, finally fixed, fur baby of 14 years died 3 weeks ago, garage roof collapsed, some of it into the laundry room....I'm still digging out in there! It hasn't been a great summer. If it weren't for FiberKind and getting back into knitting I'm not sure how I'd survive right now. Knitting is my sanity right now!!

• qfknit
        qfknit commented
        Editing a comment
        Joylinnknits - May all things go well for you, soon!

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Joylinnknits - wow you have really been through some trying times. I am glad you are finding comfort in some knitting, anyway. Post pics when you can. Thank you for checking in. 🥰

I do have some tags left - if anyone would like any, please send me your address via private message and I’ll get them out!

qfknit Thank you again for providing these

Click image for larger version

Name:	D3A41049-7585-4B35-812C-4A87838FBD5F.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	25621
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• qfknit
        qfknit commented
        Editing a comment
        Char - my pleasure! It's fun to add a tag to handknits.

• rkennell
        rkennell commented
        Editing a comment
        How cute! I would love one of the rectangular ones! I'll PM you. Let me know how much they are, so I can Paypal you for it.

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh - there is no charge They were donated!

Joylinnknits I'm so sorry that you're under so many burdens at present, especially the loss of your long-time friend and fur baby. I know from experience how deep that hurt can be. I pray that all things turn around for you quickly and that you find both comfort and new joy very soon.

Comment

Finally finished!! I redid that last section 3 or 4 times to get the red to come out right with the striping, but I finally finished it last night. My husband was quite impressed. Now to wait until next year to wear it--we don't have any voting going on here this fall. It was a fun knit, though, and a nice little break from a baby blanket project I'm doing for a set of twins in our family. Thanks for
        setting up the KAL!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_073832.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	26050

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!!! What yarn did you use for the neck?

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          Char - I'm going to guess at the yarn used by rkennell ... I believe I recognize it as Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" - Metallic - in the color Red. It is an acrylic yarn wound with a single filament of silvery metallic thread. (This yarn also comes in other colors which also look great with the Red Heart Super Saver "Americana" yarn... White/Silver, Ivory/Gold, Black/Silver... and more.)

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, qfknit. To be honest, I have some goof-ups in it--somewhere along the middle,I lost 2 stitches; must have happened when I increased from the first keyhole and I didn't count again until I got the 2nd keyhole, so I had to do a bit of adjusting to the last part, but it came out okay, thankfully. I normally don't like to ignore that big of a goof-up in a pattern, but it wasn't real obvious and it's my own scarf, so I decided not to undo it. It would have taken me another week to finish it!

Char, I used the HL I Love This Yarn Metallic Red.

qfknit and all - did you see hobby lobby has 30% off all yarn this week? So anyone wanting to use I love this yarn for their scarfs !!! Yay! I love a good sale.
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          Char - Thank you so much for posting the notice of Hobby Lobby's yarn sale... I think they offer yarn at 30% off about once a month, and I'd've missed this one. Time to stock up.

Because of your thoughtful post, today I found a moment to run an errand to HL, and purchased a couple of skeins of different oranges and greens... not for scarves this time, but for orange roses! I simply must make a few of these... soon!

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          qfknit - way cool!!! I can’t wait to see the orange roses. ❤️❤️
      Working...
      X