Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Anyone Interested in a Mystery Knit Along?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Interested in a Mystery Knit Along?

Later this fall, I’m thinking about hosting a mkal, clues would drop weekly, plenty of time to knit them between. Somewhere between 8-10 clues, October to just after turkey time. Fingering weight shawl. Shape is a rectangle, with pointy tips, and would be great as a stash buster or even knit in all one color. I’m trying to get a sense of demand for such a thing. Please comment, or post a reply.

For those curious, I’ve been designing for a few years. The pattern I have in mind was gathered last year but I havent been inspired to share it. Yet.

Hi Kerri...I would be interested!
    Happy trails, Diana

Comment

KerriLee I might be interested, how many yards of yarn would we need?
      In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Total Yardage would fall somewhere around 250? It a decent guess but as I get it tested and edited Ill have a better idea!

Comment

OH how fun!
          Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

I might be interested 🧶🧶

Comment

KerriLee I love MKALs. I might be interested as well. 250 yards doesn't seem like very much for a shawl...are you thinking more of a scarf width? Just curious.

Comment

In my head, this is a rectangle, about 14” wide and the length can vary. I did a pattern similar in size, available in the marketplace and without double checking, I think it was around 250 grams. So you can see that my jet lag has taken over my math brain. I think a ballpark of 800 yards would be a decent guess.

Of course, this is still developing and despite having some sections fully flushed, I dont know the overall dimensions or weight yet. But yall have me excited to get this in the test lab now!

Comment

• knitterlady13
                  knitterlady13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahh...thanks for clarifying. Your other post said 250 YARDS. 250 grams makes a bit more sense for a shawl.

Originally posted by KerriLee View Post
                Later this fall, I’m thinking about hosting a mkal, clues would drop weekly, plenty of time to knit them between. Somewhere between 8-10 clues, October to just after turkey time. Fingering weight shawl. Shape is a rectangle, with pointy tips, and would be great as a stash buster or even knit in all one color. I’m trying to get a sense of demand for such a thing. Please comment, or post a reply.

For those curious, I’ve been designing for a few years. The pattern I have in mind was gathered last year but I havent been inspired to share it. Yet.
                Where could I see some of your designs to give me an idea on your style?

Comment

• KerriLee
                  KerriLee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kerri Lee Designs in the marketplace. Not sure how to link to the store, and only 3 patterns so far, I’m working hard to get more designs for everybody!

• HeatherAthebyne
                  HeatherAthebyne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  https://store.ourunraveled.com/index...s&company_id=7

I went to the Our Vendors link in the marketplace and scrolled through the list.

I think I would be interested. Thx

Comment

Always, they can be addicting. MKALs

Comment

I'd be interested. I just did my first KAL when Our Unraveled first opened. I'm now on my 4th one and I'm loving them! I'd love to try a mystery KAL 😊
                    ~If I could attack with a more sensible approach, obviously that's what I'd be doing... Right?!~

Comment

I would be interested.

Comment

I would be interested. I love KALs and MKALs. The community that they can create in their groups is amazing.

Comment

I'm interested. What kind of stitches? Lace? Garter?

Comment

Working...
                          X