Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

September 2019 Sock Knit Along

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 2019 Sock Knit Along

The pattern specifics were just released for the September 2019 Sock Knit along - if you haven't seen our group yet, please feel free to come and visit! We have a wonderful group of sock knitters, and some pretty fun things planned for September.

I hope to see you there!

https://vb.ourunraveled.com/sguncate...nitters-united

Here's a sneak peak at one of our options:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Both Socks.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	158.1 KB ID:	20953
    Starts
    09-01-2019
    Ends
    09-30-2019
    https://vb.ourunraveled.com/sguncategorized/sock-knitters-united?tab=topic-tab
    Last edited by Char; 08-23-2019, 05:54 AM.
    Knitting is happening here! โค๏ธ

So creative, Char !
    Great photo, too...

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww - thank you I asked my son to take one (he loves taking pictures)... he took 100, and wanted to doctor them up before he gave them to me. I told them I needed them sooner rather than later - he looked at me like "perfection takes time". I'm still waiting. LOL

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a saying which may or may not apply here... "Done is better than perfect."

I really like those pencil socks! Looks like a fun Kal and I have all of the colors except yellow! Does anyone know where I can find a nice pencil yellow for the Kal???

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm ... could you make a blue pencil? That will get you two extra bonus entries!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably a light blue would work best....??

Char I'm thinking the one on the right is more "pencil-y" colored. Blue was a great idea. I'm still going to be on the lookout for yellow tho๐Ÿ˜Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190823_183905.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	21262

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice. Yellow would stand out more, but this could be a fancy pencil.

I also wondered how a variegated pencil would look. There are lots of wild and crazy looking pencils out there. :-)

I just found a lovely pencil yellow and ordered it. Hoping to get it before the Kal starts. Love the theme, btw. I'm going to browse my stash and see if I find any funky pencil yarn that I like better than those blues๐Ÿ˜

Comment

Omgosh these are *so* cute!!! I'm a sock newbie, but I am really wanting to try!

Comment

Miamifiberco check out the sock knitter's group if you want to make socks, we'll help you through the whole process.

Warning: No one enables more than sock knitters. We've even convinced people that sock yarn doesn't count as stash. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united

Last edited by FreedomLover; 09-13-2019, 11:06 AM. Reason: adding link straight to group
        In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

MiamifibercoFreedomLover is right - we are very much an enabling group. I sent you an invite to the group. I have been trying to find a beginner pattern every month -
          trying to capture all skill levels. I have found everyone to be fabulous and helpful.
          Knitting is happening here! โค๏ธ

Comment

I love the idea of a pencil and paper sock! Great photo. Late to the party, but I love the inspiration.
            1/5 2/5 1/5 1/5

Comment

• Char
              Char commented
              Editing a comment
              Chemengiknitter - please join in any time! Latecomers are always welcome!
          Working...
          X