Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

A First Make-A-Long

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A First Make-A-Long

Hi Friends! Welcome to the new forum! We'll be continuing the Make-A-Long that we started on July 4th over here. This month we will be reclaiming the joy of crafting by creating something we love. We started July 4th, will have weekly check-ins, and end on August 1.

PRIZE: A $6.00 USD credit to an Etsy shop chosen by the winner. A BIG thank you to KnitonaShingle for generously donating this prize!

If you would like to be eligible for the prize at the end please read the Prize Rules here. Once you have read the rules post a comment on this thread saying "I'm in and have read and agree to the rules." Members who entered on the first forum should be on the list below. I will add newcomers as needed.

If you don't want to be entered in for the prize, that is okay! We are happy to have your company as we craft along!

July 4 - Cast On!
    July 11 – Check In #1, July 18 – Check in #2, July 25 – Check in #3
    • On a check-in week please share your project progress. Pictures are encouraged!

Aug 1 – Bind Off
    • To be eligible for a prize your must:
    1. Have officially entered the MAL (by reading the prize rules and commenting "I'm in and have read and agree to the rules.")
    2. Post a Bind Off Post that contains:
    o A Picture of your project on August 1. Your project does not need to be done to be eligible.
    o Tell us how your project fits the make-a-long. This MAL was all about rediscovering the joy of making. Tell us what you enJOYed about making your project.

On August 2, I will create a spreadsheet of all the qualifying entries and use a random number generator to pick the winner.

Members currently entered for the prize:
    FreedomLover
    Suthernknitwitt
    par3gem
    AcornWillows
    JLeigh
    TwiceMom
    Natalia
    Char
    sewbizgirl
    dogtrnr
    ShootingStar
    TheColourBlue
    peanutzmom
    EllenDeKnitter
    bean
    dmq
    knitter131
    tweezle
    Nuttygal
    RhondaT
    Bettymo
    Nihilissa
    lcnrainbow
    Anne86
    Yarniac
    yumi
    lynn
    KatB44
    Binkerlee
    thisowlknitter
    Krickt
    nyssareen
    matushakaanna
    Debaarah
    ILVLUCY
    LiddleDesigns
    khkinc

Prize Rules:
    Last edited by snickerdoodle; 07-23-2019, 07:11 AM.

Yay! We found our way here!!! I finished these socks about an hour ago! :-)

Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

• lcnrainbow
      lcnrainbow commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are so pretty!

Okay, I found my way over! Thanks for the heads up!! This software looks easier to navigate
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell

Comment

Yay! Glad people are finding their way over.

Comment

Just arrived to our new site, will post a pic tomorrow of my MAL project, things have been hectic and so need to pin a section of it to show my progress!

Comment

I'm here! I started on another project since I finished my first already. Do I need to repost my finished project here?
          "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Comment

Im iin and have read and agree to the rules. It's late, and I'm super frustrated by all the hours I had to jump through to get here, I will post pics later

Comment

• Char
              Char commented
              Editing a comment
              I am so glad you found it here!!!

Here is my first check-in a couple of days late! Started this while on vacation in the Boundary Waters but haven't gotten very far. Hard to knit in a fishing boat! Each row is 420 stitches, all garter, so its a bit of a grind! The yarn is fabulous so it makes up for the long rows!

Purl Soho Striped Scarf

Click image for larger version

Name:	A860124F-A1D9-424C-ACB8-481DFC7F1EAC.jpeg
Views:	392
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	842

Comment

Originally posted by Krickt View Post
              Im iin and have read and agree to the rules. It's late, and I'm super frustrated by all the hours I had to jump through to get here, I will post pics later
              I'm glad you're here! You have been added to the list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Suthernknitwitt View Post
                I'm here! I started on another project since I finished my first already. Do I need to repost my finished project here?
                Yay!! Happy that you found us! At the end of the MAL I'm asking everyone to post a "Bind Off Post" with a picture and details of the project, so you will need to repost but that can happen at the end. I still need to figure out the best way to organize it. In the meantime if you want to post your FO to show it off, that's great! But posting for the entry for the prize drawing comes later.

Comment

I cast these on last evening. Working through the cuff then I will proceed into a simple lacy pattern.
                  Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Comment

I finally started last night! I am knitting a doll for my daughter. The head is needlefelted.

Comment

• lcnrainbow
                      lcnrainbow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love the face...so sweet!

• AcornWillows
                      AcornWillows commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! @Icnrainbow

That is very cool!

Comment

ILVLUCY thank you!

Comment

Just checking in. I'm not very far along and it is unlikely I will finish on time. But I knew that when I started on 4 July - just wanted to join in the fun having never joined a MAL/KAL.

Comment

• snickerdoodle
                          snickerdoodle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for joining us over here!

• EllenDeKnitter
                          EllenDeKnitter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Happy to have found a place to land snickerdoodle ! You guys are doing great work!
                      Working...
                      X