728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Am I doing this right on my DPNs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I doing this right on my DPNs?

I am working decreases on my DPNs. Sometimes, I don't have enough stitches on a needle to k2tog. So, I just move a stitch from one needle to the other without twisting the stitch I move.

It just made sense to do that. Is that the proper way? Does it matter whether you move it from the right needle to the left OR the left to the right?
    There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    - Thomas Jefferson ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

It sounds to me that what you're doing should be successful. It's what I would do.

When I switched from using double points all the time to mostly using circulars, all I did was place a marker between the stitches that were supposed to be on needle 1, needle 2, needle 3, etc. Except for turning a heel, creating an instep or maintaining a pattern, I don't think it matters which stitches are on which needle.

Comment

I agree with what
      EllenDeKnitter
      EllenDeKnitter said, it generally doesn't matter which stitches are on which needle. Sometimes a pattern will specify how many stitches should be on each needle (in which case it should also take the decreases into account), but unless that is the case, it doesn't usually make a difference.
      Oh SNAP โœจ we're DUELLING ๐Ÿคบand more at Fiberkind Wizarding School! ๐Ÿ”ฎ

Cezanne Black Pellett on Facebook and MeWe
      @cezannefiberarts and @cezzieq on Instagram - Feel free to send me a follow/friend request!

โ€œIf we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.โ€
      ~Noam Chomsky~

Comment

Oh good! ๐Ÿ˜€

Plus, it sounds like I've been doing the marker correctly. I put it between the 1st and 2nd stitches to mark the row. I sometimes have to move it for the decreases too.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Thank you
        EllenDeKnitter
        EllenDeKnitter and
        Nyssareen
        Expert Crafter
        Nyssareen that really helps! ๐Ÿ‘
        There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
        - Thomas Jefferson ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Comment

This is exactly what I do if I have to decrease stitches over needles. I usually move the stitch from the right needle to the left, but it really doesn't make a difference.
          Linda
          2022 Stasbusting week ending 8/6 WTD = +24 YTD = -580
          2021 Stash busted +194
          2020 Stash busted +160
          Book Challenge 2022 25, 4nf

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
          The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• K2-Tog
            K2-Tog
            Expert Crafter
            K2-Tog commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! I think I am getting a teensy bit better with DPNs (or at least I hope).

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X