LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Match cast on to bind off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match cast on to bind off

Okay y'all, I know I should have decided this before I even started, but, well, too late now.

Is there a bind off that matches the knitted cast on?

I've made a garter stitch scarf by casting on long-ways (350 stitches on the needle) to achieve a long striped design. I used the knitted cast on because it is so simple to do and so clean looking. Normally, I don't worry about the cast on/ bind off question with a scarf because the ends are short and often obscured by fringe. But this time the ends are the 6' long sides of the darn thing...

Any suggestions???

Are you able to upload a picture of your cast on? :-)
    Knitting is happening here! ❀️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -20; YTD -276

Comment

• EllenDeKnitter
      EllenDeKnitter commented
      Editing a comment
      I can try Char. Usually my 20-something does that for me. They are handy for things like that. She's grown and lives elsewhere.

My church is about to start virtual Palm Sunday services. I will try afterwards.

Char - Hopefully there'll be a picture here...

Comment

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      qfknit, the author says that the concept of the Curls started with her swatching stitch patterns, so if you love the stitch patterns in the books, it would probably be possible to adapt the patterns (or most of the patterns) to another shape. Might try that later, but wanted to try it as written to test the Curl shape.

Ohhhh, "leafy" bodes well! I hate to take this so off-topic, but may I ask which pattern you're knitting? Shawls/shawlettes & cowls are kinda my knitting crack. πŸ™„ I hope that you are pleasantly surprised and WIN at yarn chicken!!!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ€ž

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Woolfan - I think we're OK straying a bit off-topic here if we remain compartmentalized, limited to a single string of comments attached to one reply, rather than making a bunch of reply level posts.
      (I hope!)

I've amassed quite a collection of lace leaf designs over the years... ... at the moment I am knitting a shawl inspired by the design on the cover of the book "One + One" by Iris Schreier... but with several customized changes.

• Woolfan
      Woolfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooooooh, qfknit, I looked up the book and the shawl looks delicate and so lovely! Hope to see your F.O. posted on the Shawl Lovers forum! I have to figure out how to get decent photos to post there since my phone camera is kerput. πŸ€” Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy other's postings! 😊

I have never tried it, but I wonder if this would work for you. The video says not to use on scarfs, but maybe you could go down a needle size and it won’t stretch it out oddly?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FxD-OJAk9-8
    Knitting is happening here! ❀️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -20; YTD -276

Comment

Thanks qfknit and Char !
      I will take a look at both suggestions.
      I appreciate you guys taking the time to help!

Be safe, be well!

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X