This is the UK affiliate ad
LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Button Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button Band

I am knitting a child's sweater and the pattern calls for a 9 stitch 1x1 rib button band. It wants me to knit a band with a length to the back of the neck, and then a second band to the back neck for the other side and then join the two together. Any compelling reason why I can't knit the band all in one stretch?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

annekepoot I’ve made many sweaters, and never had a pattern like your describe. I’ve always had one button band all around the neck to the other side.
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster: WTD - 6, YTD + 174

Comment

A join might add a little structure that keeps the button band standing up, but I don't know if that's really needed for something nine stitches wide.
      Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm just going to go ahead and knit in one piece - my joins never look that wonderful!
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Ian Maclaren (misattributed to Plato)

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          I look forward to seeing pictures! Hope you post some.

I've seen many vintage patterns that say to do it that way. not sure why.
        But it should be fine to do all in one piece.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X