Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Simple but Lovely Patterns for Low Stress Knitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple but Lovely Patterns for Low Stress Knitting

Hi everyone!

Having the desire to knit something nice while facing a couple of serious family illnesses, I recently tried several patterns, only to make mistakes and rip them out again. I needed a beautiful pattern that was a very low stress knit for this time in my life. I did not want to do dishcloths; I needed something soft and beautiful in my hands and on my needles.

Then I found Feather and Fan Short Scarf by Kelly Faller! So here it is for anyone who is in a similar place in your life. The free pattern download link is to the right on her page (a green link). Here is mine:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fan and Feather Scarf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.7 KB ID:	22308
    (photo is mine)
    I just have it pinned in the photo, but I think a band of some kind would be a nice way to style it. I used DK instead of lace weight -- it worked up nicely!

I thought a thread might be helpful where we could share simple but really lovely knitting patterns, free or otherwise, for times like this....sitting with a loved one in the hospital, or with an elderly parent...pretty patterns that feed our souls while we are ministering to others.
    Thank you in advance.

I did not see a thread already started along this line... if there is one, please advise and I will delete this post and move it over there. 😊

(mod edit to remove thumbnail image. Thanks for starting this important topic and sharing the pattern link. At Our Unraveled, our policy is to post our own photos, public domain photos, or photos belonging to designers only if we have the designer's permission.)

8-27-19 -- Edited by me to add photo of the finished project so you would have an idea how it looks!
    Attached Files
    Feather & Fan Short Scarf Yarn: Malabrigo Lace Size: 15" x 31"
    Last edited by knitwillow; 08-27-2019, 08:57 PM.

knitwillow - I can empathize, I've sitting in/outside Dad's ICU room door since Wednesday.

You don't want to know what I did to the sleeves of the sweater I'm working on for my daughter. Almost fixed now though - as is my dad!

Comment

Here is one more, which I have not yet tried, but plan to very, very soon: Stockinette Chevron!
      http://www.knittingstitches.org/2017...e-chevron.html

Isn't this yarn so pretty?! -- She dyed it with Easter Egg dye! Talk about food for the soul!.....😍💖
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/kathrynivy/518504063/
      Last edited by Cablegrrl; 08-26-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

knitwillow, great idea for a topic. I cannot find the feather and fan pattern at the blog linked in your post. Is there a better link? Thanks.

Comment

• knitwillow
          knitwillow commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi aronan. It is there! -- on the right side of the page, a direct-download link for the pattern in green type that says, "Free Pattern: Feather and Fan Short Scarf." If you are on your mobile, choose to view desktop site and you will see it!

My latest no-stress knitting pattern is Boom. It can be a scarf in lighter yarns, or a shawl. Works with any weight yarn, and requires little attention. I love making it in self-striping yarns. You can download the pattern for free at the link below. [Admin--the photo came along automatically with the link. I did not add it.]

(mod edit: Hi aronan !! Thanks for sharing the cool free pattern link!! When you post a link and it has an attached thumbnail photo, you can click on "No preview thumbnail" and it will let you post just the link only. )
        Introducing 'Boom!'; a super-easy asymmetric shawl in reversible garter stitch. The gently curving boomerang shape is achieved using a comb...
        Last edited by Cablegrrl; 08-28-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• knitwillow
          knitwillow commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much for sharing! 🍒

I was looking back through my projects and found this easy pattern that I have made in several colors! It always gets compliments -- looks very chic wrapped around a jacket or coat in winter, and is comfy-cozy and warm in wool.
        I need to buy yarn and kit up another one for my hospital-sitting bag.
        This one is made with US 10 needles and 4 skeins of Cascade Yarns - Cascade 220. This color is Silver Gray 8401.
        Simple, soothing knitting that yields a beautiful result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiant Wrap.png
Views:	204
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	22298
        Photo is mine.

Comment

knitwillow , thanks for sharing the wonderful pattern links with us, and your photos are marvelous!! You are a treasure!! We are so happy that you've joined us here at Our Unraveled!!

Comment

• knitwillow
            knitwillow commented
            Editing a comment
            Cablegrrl - Thank you so much! I appreciate your sweet spirit. 😊
        Working...
        X