September 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts Only - No Chat Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Sock KAL Chat thread.

We have a prize drawing at the end of each month. The prize winner is selected by random number generator and each entry is a chance to win the prize. You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a seperate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• Picture of the first finished sock (or two through the heels). Any socks started this month count.
  • Picture of a completed pair. Any socks completed this month count. Socks started before the beginning of the month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses the featured color.
  • Bonus entry [/LIST][B][U]Theme: Garden Harvest[/U][/B] This time of year is a busy time for gardeners as we continue with harvesting. Find a pattern that is related to gardening.

Color: The color of your favorite garden fresh fruit or vegetable.

Bonus entry: Post a picture of your socks in your garden next to the fruit or vegetable that inspired your color choice.

This month’s prize is a project bag!

45F1DA28-422A-4090-BD6A-CC2176C2BC42.jpeg

• Finished my son’s socks. He loves them!

22BC53FA-5FEB-4A20-B090-D53D5B4E3974.jpeg

I really like those, the colors work really well together.

One pair finished through the heels

3D6C7503-E875-46FC-AB55-A446BB115C11.jpeg

26363BC8-709E-4347-8CFC-0D2DE8DB6BCF.jpeg

So pretty! I think I’ve made that pattern before.

Thanks, Natalie. I made one similar to this before, but what made this different is that the back of the sock is different than the front. So, working from two graphs, something new I learned!

I didn’t think I would like the blue with the teal and orange but I think the black stripe makes it really work.

I agree, I don’t think the colors would work very well if the black wasn’t there.

Oh yes, I have to be in the right mood to deal with multiple charts. Drops patterns do that a LOT. Sure is making for a beautiful sock though.

I’ll bet he does!

These are gorgeous!

Thank you, @KnitsWithHorses!

My yellow socks are finished - bad color, as it’s dark and cloudy here.

709740D7-71F1-4B2B-9560-08191636E6DB.jpeg

2C602FFF-3809-4F22-9A5C-E81FA7D9D7D7.jpeg

Beautiful. Think summer!!!

It’s now officially fall. I have socks on my feet! I started knitting these while we were camping earlier this month. Then it got HOT again. But today was in the low 50s, rainy and windy. A good day to start wearing socks again. (Yes, and do spend all summer barefoot.) These have nothing to do with the theme, however. I just used up scraps.

slipper socks 9-23-21.jpg

They look warm and cozy.

Very pretty, I love the colors!

They do look warm and cozy! I’ve been wearing warm socks this week too. Our temperatures really dropped.

They are really beautiful.

They are really pretty! Kind of a Southwest vibe. We’re in that weird in between where it’s 79 one day, 50 overnight and then 93 the next day. But sock weather is definitely creeping in.