October 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts Only - No Chat Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Sock KAL Chat thread.

We have a prize drawing at the end of each month. The prize winner is selected by random number generator and each entry is a chance to win the prize. You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a seperate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• Picture of the first finished sock (or two through the heels). Any socks started this month count.
  • Picture of a completed pair. Any socks completed this month count. Socks started before the beginning of the month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses the featured color.
  • Bonus entry [/LIST][B][U]This month's theme[/U][/B]: Design your own! Find an interesting stitch pattern and turn it into a sock design.

This month’s color:
    Fall colors

This month’s prize:

79E99FEB-2666-4C0D-AA4E-31F124141344.jpeg

• And one for theme since these are my own pattern.

IMG_20211005_213801__01.jpg

And for color… Pumpkins are about as “Fall” as it gets. Lol

IMG_20211005_213801__01.jpg

Great pumpkin (pun intended)! Yes, this is fall!

LOL, love it!

One sock finished (started Oct 3)–My 2nd pair of socks using up the Ugly Yarn! It’s a plain Toe-up with a short-row heel and K1P1 rib leg.

IMG_0731.jpg

I’ve finished two through the heels but I will be redoing the one with the striped cuff. That one was too tight. I also felt like it was too stiff and dense so I went up a half needle size on the second one.

0CFD34F1-AA76-4B1F-93FF-8F97BC711FDC.jpeg

Finished Fall socks. I have found that I actually love the plain stripes on the sole so much that I immediately cast on again to do a plain old striped pair.

IMG_20211020_165353__01__01.jpg

These are great! Is it self striping yarn or did you do stripes with different balls of yarn?

Entry for fall colors. I started to go for deeper colors like plum and darker orange etc but then I looked around me. I live in the woods and my fall is mostly browns, yellows and faded orange. And a lot of green, to be honest. We have a lot of evergreens plus our grass is still alive and well. But the oak leaves go yellow and then a kind of burnt orange. So I felt like these colors fit.

IMG_20211020_165728__01.jpg

@knitter131 Thank you. It’s three separate balls.

And one more for theme since it’s my own design.

Finished these socks last night.

1020212150_2.jpg

Fall Colors Entry

1020212150_2.jpg

Nice fall colors!

Beautiful! Very fall-like.

I finished another pair of socks. Very basic toe up vanilla kind of sock so I won’t claim original pattern. And somehow without the brown these colors say summer sherbet more than fall. Lol But anyway, it’s another finished pair!

IMG_20211025_153707__01.jpg

Love the reverse colors!

Finished my 2nd pair of Ugly Boot Socks to use up the not so pretty yarn. They have no pattern (except I inserted a short-row heel instead of my usual gusset), and the colors have nothing to do with Fall, but hey, they are done…I’m thinking of going back to helical socks to use up more oddball stash next time.

IMG_0792.JPG

Perfect!