LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

May 2020 Sock KAL - it is Wacky Sock Month!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have thoughts for June's sock knit along?
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -66; YTD -342

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      How about socks inspired by something in your yard and you have to take a picture of your finished socks with the thing that inspired you. It could be the color of your favorite flower, or a pattern with the name of something in your yard.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I like both of these ideas, how about a seasonal theme, summer or winter depending on where one lives?

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok - I found a pattern to feature that is fishy..... we’ll do that one first. I may forget about the other two suggestions a month from now so please remind me lovestostitch and FreedomLover

Do these count as wacky? Möbius Madness socks...

I love knitting socks and I already see some familiar patterns here! I’m new, please direct me to any sock knitting threads I need to know about if you don’t mind! thanks!

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome babajayne! Those are very interesting socks. Is the multicolored part knit into the socks or attached?

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice socks and welcome babajayne! I was wondering the same thing as lovestostitch, is the colored part attached?

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      These are definitely wacky socks! If you love knitting socks you've found the right place, we do a monthly SKAL with a theme but you don't have to follow the theme to participate.

babajayne - we also have a sock knitting group where you can find some resources and such.

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united

Welcome to FiberKind! If you have any questions let me or anyone here know. You likely qualify as an expert sock knitter if you make it this far in Sock Madness (I assume this is where your socks are from). We’re happy to have you!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -66; YTD -342

Comment

• babajayne
      babajayne commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Char! Great Echoes by the way! I have now joined over there. Definitely proud of making the top 10 in my SM team this year. My mom is even faster and more expert than me. Maybe she will show up here one of these days. 👍😊

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      babajayne - last year I was in the top five. I finished those hexagon socks. Those were wild but very fun... I look forward to seeing your next pair!

lovestostitch &Rose the Rebel -
    Thanks! The pattern had me knitting a möbius for the first time. It’s really challenging! Cat Bordhi had a youtube video that really helped me get started. The rest of the sock is built off of that part. You can see in this pic how the back is built into the leg.
    So I knit in all directions for this crazy sock!

Click image for larger version

Name:	7BA46CE1-E9CF-4F8D-B8D1-83B2D0698ED0.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	55067

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is truly wacky! What a creative way to construct a sock, leave it to Cat. Char, someday we will.

• babajayne
      babajayne commented
      Editing a comment
      FreedomLover I should clarify, Cat had a great tutorial on getting a möbius started. But the sock pattern was written by Mo Euler.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      My apologies to Mo Euler, it's an amazing pattern. I'm not good at thinking outside of the box in that way.

I just needed to start another pair of socks. Not wacky or clown barf, but I really need some summer shorties. The yarn is Berroco Comfort Sock in Acrylic, and the pattern will be my own lacy rib.

Name:	IMG_20200526_185159735.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	55354
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 2, YTD + 125

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Same boat here. Actually thinking of casting on a pair today as well.
      I love that yarn color! I'm a Fall colors all year round kinda gal. Lol in fact.... I Just caked up my most recent dye and it's pretty similar! I'll post a pic....

Name:	IMG_20200527_092733.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	55403Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200527_105859.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	55404 knitter131 I didn't realize you couldn't put a photo in a comment so here is the yarn I mentioned. It's actually an overdye on a color called Taupily. Top photo is more true to color.
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." MLK
    Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +75 WTD +6

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty!!!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Char. I'm loving the hand dying. But I need to slow the one skein at a time thing other than sock yarn or I'm going to be knitting a LOT of hats this fall.

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X