LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

June 2020 Sock KAL - Something fishy is going on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom and I also ordered some squishy mail from LizB and it arrived today. The picture doesn’t do it justice. I saw this color previously and I could have kicked myself for not buying it. She might have made some when I told her I really liked it. :-)

I can’t wait to knit with it. :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	597654E6-EFF9-432B-95A0-315D071792E9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	57276
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -20; YTD -268

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to some serious squishing tomorrow 😊😊

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      Such pretty colors, LizB does fabulous work!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that Cats Eye on the right? That's what I got and it looks really similar. That blue tonal on the left is gorgeous!

Started another pair of socks today. Yarn is Berroco Acrylic comfort sock, pattern is my own. These will be another pair of summer shorties.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200611_075321778.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	57281
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 10, YTD + 151

Comment

I recieved this beautiful yarn that knitter131 donated for our May stock kal. I love the colors but I think I'll make a hat with it rather than socks

Name:	20200611_170337.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	57304

Comment

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad you like it 😊

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!

I started these socks yesterday, forgot to post the picture. Yarn is Berroco Comfort Sock acrylic, pattern is my own 3x2 lacy rib.

Name:	IMG_20200615_143041267.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	57701
      Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 10, YTD + 151

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	E476C4B1-06AF-4D66-841A-8E3AB7C1C3DF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.4 KB ID:	58219 Here is my “Beach Glass” sock blank from Bling Your String. I decided to do the PB&W pattern by bellybuttonknits.
      My grandma lived by the New Hampshire shore and she collected bottles from the beach and the local shops. She had huge windows full of them in all shapes and colors. This sock blank has all the colors except the reds and purples.

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow!! This is very nice - and sentimental.

How do you like working with the sock blank?

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        This looks great, sock blank? I haven't heard of that, new skill to learn!

• babajayne
        babajayne commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, all! I like knitting from sock blanks because it’s exciting to see where the colors end up. I have a pile of them, some with designs painted on them. Lots of people don’t like knitting with kinky yarn, but it doesn’t bother me too much, once in a while.

Knitpicks Stroll
      Dyed by me

Socks for my mama on some awesome Shark sock blockers! 🦈🏖
      Attached Files

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        So pretty! And those blockers are fab!

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        Your socks look great, and I really love your sock blockers! Did you make those yourself?

• Snoogins
        Snoogins commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not talented in the woodworking department lol, no! I believe I bought them off Etsy. I'll see if I can find the seller.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/571353870/sharks

Worsted weight socks.
      These are knit to be slipper socks... aka bed socks.
      This pair is especially designed to be high-contrast, for a loved one with low vision.
      Black and white at the ribbed ankle opening, black heel flap, neon pink foot.
      All three yarns (black, white, and pink) are sparkly, to catch a bit of light.
      There are 5 columns of cables along the top of the foot, with smooth stockinette on the bottom of the foot.
      The first two photos show the cable detail, the third photo is closest to showing the color saturation of the brilliant neon pink sparkly yarn.

Name:	sparkly black white pink slipper socks - photo 1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	58985Click image for larger version

Name:	sparkly black white pink slipper socks - photo 2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	58986Click image for larger version

Name:	sparkly black white pink slipper socks - photo 3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	58987

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        These are great!

• crosstitchlinda
        crosstitchlinda commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nicely thought out.

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        I love how much thought and care was put in on these. And they are really pretty too!

Another pair of worsted weight socks.
      The yarn is Red Heart Supersaver in the colorway "Americana"... a self-striping yarn which may look familiar as I use it for the Americana Keyhole Scarves.

These are my optimistic, patriotic, flag-waving socks to wear during many hours of research and many more hours of typing advocacy for/against proposed legislation... making public records requests... efforts to help keep our US Constitution, rights, liberties, and freedoms... and to keep government transparent and accountable to "We, the people..."

Also worn in stealth for this week's virtual prayer meeting.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	patriotic American flag socks - Red Heart Super Saver AMERICANA yarn .jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	58991

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        How fun! Cozy socks for trying times. 🧦

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        Love these!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Oh I might have to steal this idea for motivation to keep me proactive through this election. USA!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️💯💯💯

I need to know what July's theme and color is. I was thinking of dyeing some yarn and maybe July's color will inspire me.
      Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch - good!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking of maybe some muted tones of red, white and blue. I've seen decor like that and love it. I think there's a term for what I'm taking about but I can't bring it to mind. Americana maybe?? For home dying I mean. Perhaps that wouldn't bleed as the color wouldn't be as saturated??
        I have some red acrylic sock yarn from Michael's as well as some red cotton sock yarn. I know the acrylic doesn't bled and I sure hope the cotton doesn't!

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        KnitsWithHorses - I've used cotton blend sock yarn and it never bled. I have seen bleeding on Sugar 'n Cream yarn. You can always do a test soak.

I've volunteered to help Char with the Sock KALs. Because I love to plan ahead, I offered to organize a schedule of our monthly KAL themes and monthly colors. I thought we would try something a little bit different. Instead of one pattern of the month we will have a theme. You can choose any pattern you like that fits the theme. We will continue with having a color of the month. I will be dreaming up some themes but if you have ideas to share, please send them to me. I'll be posting July soon!
      Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        KnitsWithHorses - I posted July and took care of our international knitters. I also posted a schedule for the rest of 2020. I'll keep a list of suggestions for using in 2021. The themes are pretty flexible so you should be able to find patterns that go with the theme and meet your needs. The fun is in expressing the theme and sharing with everyone else. It is really nice you remember your mom like that.

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        KnitsWithHorses - you will find lovestostitch is already tremendously more organized than I ever was! :-)

Now I have to get on the stick and find a prize. :-)

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        KnitsWithHorses what a lovely way to honor your Mom, I think such a tribute should be a welcome contribution to any month's SKAL.

The links to new discussion threads mentioned in recent posts -

Comment

Don’t forget to post your finished socks (singles or pairs) in the June finished thread. Any socks count for the drawing!

June Finished Socks

Comment

Good morning!

Monchichi you are the winner of the pouch from Sings4joy . Sings4joy thank you so much for donating. I look forward to seeing which pouch you choose.

Name:	5A22B03A-ED00-44E8-B26B-C6C9EA9415EC.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	59864

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X