LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

July 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

This thread is for finished socks only - please keep the chatter to the chatter thread. It makes it easier to pick a winner.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries:
    1. For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
    2. For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
    3. For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern.
    4. For using the featured color
    Last edited by lovestostitch; 07-02-2020, 09:10 PM.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200702_151106.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	60129
    Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	961AA72A-38BB-4BD3-BAA1-E2A6D092A2DB.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	198.2 KB ID:	60437

Two through the heels.

I'm playing yarn chicken with the red and white so I decided to do TAAT - on separate needles.

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      TAAT on separate needles is my method of choice, I make mine toe up. Very seldom an issue with yarn chicken with toe up.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love these!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      These are coming along so cute! knitter131 that's my preferred method too. I will very occasionally do a cuff down or TAAT on a single needle, but this is one rut I kinda don't mind being in cuz it works for me. 😁

Plan B: I decided to knit the slippers KnitsWithHorses linked to instead of the socks I linked to in the other thread. I can see why she loves this pattern. I'm going to be looking for a wool cotton blend to make a pair for my husband for Christmas.

Name:	20200704_100232.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	60482
    Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for sharing this pattern, it's a keeper.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Beauties right here!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Finished!

Name:	76178798-AC4D-4DF4-84FF-7450D5028869.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	61712

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!!! I really like the beads, too!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I love the way they came out!!

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      These remind me of WonderWoman!

No doubt you exhibit superpowers when you wear these.

Featured theme.

Name:	1CFACA81-BD67-4360-8741-3FA1422F34B6.jpeg
Views:	162
ID:	61714

Comment

Featured color.

Name:	7F669096-CB80-46A5-A0E4-F25F7ECD0A0C.jpeg
Views:	161
ID:	61716

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be worried that fishing line would cut the yarn. What type of fiber is the yarn? I can't understand why the cotton thread isn't holding. Is it actually breaking? I think I would try regular, all purpose thread. It is polyester. I would also use two strands.

ETA: Just reread that you said cotton 4 ply. I guess you mean yarn. Did you knot the ends or weave them in? I could see where weaving might cause it to wiggle loose.

• pinesprairie
        pinesprairie commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch, apologies for getting off track here and don't want to take over your thread. I did weave the ends so maybe will try once more with knots and the cotton and see what happens. Thank you!! 😀

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch, love those socks!

Here is my first finished sock of the month.
      There are no knitting police.
      -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it, what type of heel did you knit?

• MusicalKnitter
        MusicalKnitter commented
        Editing a comment
        FreedomLover, this one is an E of P heel flap. I was following the Yarn Harlot's tutorial for a good vanilla sock in any size on her Patreon page. Recently I've been loving the garter stitch Fish Lips Kiss heel for socks.

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll have to look that up.

Just finished these summer shorties, I'm pretty sure they are a little too short. But, they'll work for wearing with my fakenstocks or crocs.

Name:	20200716_152844.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	62694

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        FreedomLover Me too if I'm not very vigilant. So time consuming to keep the stands straight! Plus I knit slower on colorwork because I'm being extra careful about the tension. If the socks I'm knitting now were just stripes, they would be done by now. Lol But I do like mosaic knitting. I recently did a mosaic shawl. And these are super cute so might convince myself to do something like that. I have mad respect for people that do beautiful color work on socks!

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        The mosaic patterns that I posted are dropped stitches so you aren't dragging different colors behind your stitches as in fair isle. I found if I put my skeins in a bowl and just spin the bowl as I change colors the tangling is not a huge issue.

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        @RosetheRebel I do that sometimes but it seems that most of the time, since moving into an RV on my homestead, my knitting is in my lap. In a lawn chair most of the time lately, or car or waiting room. Maybe a snug project bag could be turned as I work in a similar way.

Well here they are through the heel. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_195446.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	63066 Some day I'll learn that when I'm working up a new pattern I should not necessarily make it in a large men's size.... hopefully my shorties will go a lot faster and I'll actually finish two pair this month.
      Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
      "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +73 WTD +12

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have the Adobe reader on your computer then you can do it. I think most word processors are similar so if you go to "save as" then there should be a drop down option that you can choose "pdf". I make sure that I save an additional copy of the original document just in case I mess something up. Hopefully that makes sense. I am no tech wizard for sure!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        @RosetheRebel I use Open Office from Apache because it is a really fine word processing package for free. I checked and it does indeed have an "Export to PDF" option! So after I make the shorties, I will attempt to make my pattern coherent and maybe some of y'al will test it for me. If it seems okay I'll make it available to others. If this works, I have several other patterns I would love to share as well.... if I can find my notes or remember how I made them. :O)

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        That is great KnitsWithHorses, I would be happy to help you with a test knit! I am the same as you, I write down chicken scratch notes then can't decipher them later so I never get my patterns on paper.

First finished pair since joining the site. Technically my third pair this month.
      There are no knitting police.
      -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! you are a fast sock knitter!! Do you have a next pair in mind?

• pinesprairie
        pinesprairie commented
        Editing a comment
        MusicalKnitter Good for you. It's so exciting when they embrace our crafts isn't it? If he likes these, then who knows!

• MusicalKnitter
        MusicalKnitter commented
        Editing a comment
        Char I got two skeins of Knit Picks Hawthorn in a Sock Lab Grab Bag last week. One in Mini Golf (black, gray, spring green, and aqua) and one in Dorothy (pink and burgundy). I think Mimi golf is going on the needles for me when I finish up the sock I'm on now.

Finished Pair: Candy Necklace Socks -Knit Picks Felici Candy Shoppe colorway. plain toe-up.

Name:	IMG_2076.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	63355
      2020 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 11/28= (0)~~ YTD =+6

Comment

My Home of the Brave socks are finished! 😁 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_212040.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	64279
      Natalie from Oklahoma

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Comment

And again for the theme.

Views:	61
ID:	64281
      Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

And one more for the color(s) the month.

Views:	63
ID:	64284
        Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These turned out great! Has your grandson seen them yet?

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          I thought I answered this but comment is gone... He saw a picture and loves them. Now I just hope they fitr well. Will be a week or so before I see him to give them to him.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X