LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

July 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

This thread is for finished socks only - please keep the chatter to the chatter thread. It makes it easier to pick a winner.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries:
    1. For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
    2. For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
    3. For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern.
    4. For using the featured color
    Last edited by lovestostitch; 07-02-2020, 09:10 PM.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200702_151106.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	60129
    Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	961AA72A-38BB-4BD3-BAA1-E2A6D092A2DB.jpeg Views:	19 Size:	198.2 KB ID:	60437

Two through the heels.

I'm playing yarn chicken with the red and white so I decided to do TAAT - on separate needles.

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      TAAT on separate needles is my method of choice, I make mine toe up. Very seldom an issue with yarn chicken with toe up.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love these!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      These are coming along so cute! knitter131 that's my preferred method too. I will very occasionally do a cuff down or TAAT on a single needle, but this is one rut I kinda don't mind being in cuz it works for me. 😁

Plan B: I decided to knit the slippers KnitsWithHorses linked to instead of the socks I linked to in the other thread. I can see why she loves this pattern. I'm going to be looking for a wool cotton blend to make a pair for my husband for Christmas.

Name:	20200704_100232.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	60482
    Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for sharing this pattern, it's a keeper.

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Beauties right here!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Finished!

Name:	76178798-AC4D-4DF4-84FF-7450D5028869.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	61712

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!!! I really like the beads, too!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I love the way they came out!!

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      These remind me of WonderWoman!

No doubt you exhibit superpowers when you wear these.

Featured theme.

Name:	1CFACA81-BD67-4360-8741-3FA1422F34B6.jpeg
Views:	196
ID:	61714

Comment

Featured color.

Name:	7F669096-CB80-46A5-A0E4-F25F7ECD0A0C.jpeg
Views:	200
ID:	61716

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be worried that fishing line would cut the yarn. What type of fiber is the yarn? I can't understand why the cotton thread isn't holding. Is it actually breaking? I think I would try regular, all purpose thread. It is polyester. I would also use two strands.

ETA: Just reread that you said cotton 4 ply. I guess you mean yarn. Did you knot the ends or weave them in? I could see where weaving might cause it to wiggle loose.

• pinesprairie
        pinesprairie commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch, apologies for getting off track here and don't want to take over your thread. I did weave the ends so maybe will try once more with knots and the cotton and see what happens. Thank you!! 😀

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        lovestostitch, love those socks!

Here is my first finished sock of the month.
      There are no knitting police.
      -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it, what type of heel did you knit?

• MusicalKnitter
        MusicalKnitter commented
        Editing a comment
        FreedomLover, this one is an E of P heel flap. I was following the Yarn Harlot's tutorial for a good vanilla sock in any size on her Patreon page. Recently I've been loving the garter stitch Fish Lips Kiss heel for socks.

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll have to look that up.

Just finished these summer shorties, I'm pretty sure they are a little too short. But, they'll work for wearing with my fakenstocks or crocs.

Name:	20200716_152844.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	62694

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        FreedomLover Me too if I'm not very vigilant. So time consuming to keep the stands straight! Plus I knit slower on colorwork because I'm being extra careful about the tension. If the socks I'm knitting now were just stripes, they would be done by now. Lol But I do like mosaic knitting. I recently did a mosaic shawl. And these are super cute so might convince myself to do something like that. I have mad respect for people that do beautiful color work on socks!

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        The mosaic patterns that I posted are dropped stitches so you aren't dragging different colors behind your stitches as in fair isle. I found if I put my skeins in a bowl and just spin the bowl as I change colors the tangling is not a huge issue.

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        @RosetheRebel I do that sometimes but it seems that most of the time, since moving into an RV on my homestead, my knitting is in my lap. In a lawn chair most of the time lately, or car or waiting room. Maybe a snug project bag could be turned as I work in a similar way.

Well here they are through the heel. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_195446.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	63066 Some day I'll learn that when I'm working up a new pattern I should not necessarily make it in a large men's size.... hopefully my shorties will go a lot faster and I'll actually finish two pair this month.
      Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
      ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -34 WTD -12
      2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
      National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have the Adobe reader on your computer then you can do it. I think most word processors are similar so if you go to "save as" then there should be a drop down option that you can choose "pdf". I make sure that I save an additional copy of the original document just in case I mess something up. Hopefully that makes sense. I am no tech wizard for sure!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        @RosetheRebel I use Open Office from Apache because it is a really fine word processing package for free. I checked and it does indeed have an "Export to PDF" option! So after I make the shorties, I will attempt to make my pattern coherent and maybe some of y'al will test it for me. If it seems okay I'll make it available to others. If this works, I have several other patterns I would love to share as well.... if I can find my notes or remember how I made them. :O)

• Rose the Rebel
        Rose the Rebel commented
        Editing a comment
        That is great KnitsWithHorses, I would be happy to help you with a test knit! I am the same as you, I write down chicken scratch notes then can't decipher them later so I never get my patterns on paper.

First finished pair since joining the site. Technically my third pair this month.
      There are no knitting police.
      -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! you are a fast sock knitter!! Do you have a next pair in mind?

• pinesprairie
        pinesprairie commented
        Editing a comment
        MusicalKnitter Good for you. It's so exciting when they embrace our crafts isn't it? If he likes these, then who knows!

• MusicalKnitter
        MusicalKnitter commented
        Editing a comment
        Char I got two skeins of Knit Picks Hawthorn in a Sock Lab Grab Bag last week. One in Mini Golf (black, gray, spring green, and aqua) and one in Dorothy (pink and burgundy). I think Mimi golf is going on the needles for me when I finish up the sock I'm on now.

Finished Pair: Candy Necklace Socks -Knit Picks Felici Candy Shoppe colorway. plain toe-up.

Name:	IMG_2076.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	63355
      2021 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 4/10/21= (+1) YTD =+20

Comment

My Home of the Brave socks are finished! 😁 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_212040.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	64279
      Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
      ~~Samuel Adams

Comment

And again for the theme.

Views:	73
ID:	64281
      Natalie from Oklahoma

~~Samuel Adams

Comment

And one more for the color(s) the month.

Views:	73
ID:	64284
        Natalie from Oklahoma

~~Samuel Adams

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These turned out great! Has your grandson seen them yet?

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          I thought I answered this but comment is gone... He saw a picture and loves them. Now I just hope they fitr well. Will be a week or so before I see him to give them to him.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X