LoveCrafts

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Sock KAL Schedule - July to December 2020

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sock KAL Schedule - July to December 2020

Sock KAL - July to December 2020

July 2020

Theme: Patriotic
    Color: USA residents: Red, White and/or Blue. Non-USA residents: the colors of your country's flag

August 2020
    Theme: Garden Harvest
    Color: Green - for all those zucchinis being picked!

September 2020
    Theme: Back to School
    Color: Yellow - for school buses and pencils!

Char's great Pencil and School Paper sock patterns are free in the Fiberkind Marketplace:
    https://fiberkind.com/forum/vendors-...-sock-patterns

October 2020
    Theme: Fall
    Color: Orange - for pumpkins!

November 2020
    Theme: Thanksgiving - What are you thankful for?
    Color: Beige - for turkeys and pie crust!

December 2020
    Theme: Holiday
    Color: Sparkly! Any color sparkly yarn!
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

KnitsWithHorses - look what we have here!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: +10; YTD -258

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I'm definitely impressed! I love having it planned out so I can sometimes dye yarn for it ahead of time.

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses - I'm the same way. I like to know ahead so I can dye some yarn or get the right colors.

I am often knitting to meet a loved one's request or a need... so any sock knitting on my part may be random and out-of-sync with the planned schedule, but I will post photos when I can.

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      The themes are very flexible as there are many patterns that will work with the theme. If you choose to do your own thing, that's ok. Any pair of finished socks earns an entry into the prize drawing. Following the theme and using the monthly color earns bonus entries.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this, that all socks are part of the SKAL.

Love the planned out schedule. I'm sure Char is glad to have someone else take care of that for her!

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, crafting time is research time when you're the owner of a crafting site!

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely!!! I need to explore all crafts, even those I've never explored before. LOL

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so happy to help out. The only hard part was figuring out a color for November. First, I thought brown because of pilgrim's clothes. Then I double checked on that and they wore black. I asked my husband what color he thinks of when it comes to November. He said, "Grey, because the sky gets so dreary in November." I said, "Oh that doesn't help me. That's too depressing!" I had to be a little creative by saying turkeys and pie crust are beige.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X