Other uses for sock yarn....

Sock yarn is for socks—sometimes! Feel free to share other fun ideas for a ball of sock yarn.

So I came across this pattern and website. What a cute idea!
http://susanbanderson.blogspot.com/2…ttern-now.html

I wove this scarf using Premier Serenity Sock yarn. It was one of my first weaving projects.

IMG_0588.JPG

I’ve made many things using sock yarn, including sweaters, hats scarves shawls and cowls. It’s really my go to yarn for most projects, as I love the lighter weight yarn. I’m also using sock yarn for the “Sophie’s Universe” blanket that’s been in a time out for a little while - it should be a lap or throw size when finished.

This is gorgeous!

Thanks! @FreedomLover

I am eager to weave some sock yarn scarves. This is beautiful!

@rkennell Thank you!

I bet that will be amazing to see! Keep us posted on updates!

Sort of new here but jumping in to add since it seems to fit . :slight_smile:
Just finished a few minutes ago, a winter hat using two strands, approx. 60 grams of knit picks Stroll sock yarn in Forged Tonal color .
Never made a hat before so it is rather simple , but was motivated because I wanted to learn how to do a tubular cast on.

aca5776f3457f47122bfd1e71f4abfd2png.png

It looks incredibly comfy! Thanks for jumping in and sharing! The more the merrier. :slight_smile: It’s neat to see all these ideas for sock yarn projects outside of socks.

That is pretty! How did you like the tubular cast on?

@Char I liked it :slight_smile: Like the fit , the finished thick edge , cast on is very stretchy that worked out well because the ribbing was done with one size smaller needle.

This is such a great hat for your first one. I love to knit hats, they are a fairly quick project and a good use of leftover yarn. I haven’t done a tubular cast on yet, another thing to add to the list.

Great hat!

And now I want to knit a hat again–that cast on looks like a good one for hats.