LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

August 2020 Sock KAL Chat - Think Garden Harvest!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2020 Sock KAL Chat - Think Garden Harvest!

Our theme this month is: Garden Harvest. You can be creative in your pattern choice - just tell us how your pattern makes you think about harvesting a garden.

This month's color is: Green - for all those zucchinis being picked!

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished thread.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Started these socks this morning, I was excited to get going on them. I hunted around for some “Harvest” socks, and found some free from Knit Picks called “September: First Harvest Socks”. They are toe up, with two different charted patterns, lace, twisted stitches and cables. The greens in this hand dyed yarn remind me of green peppers, cukes , and zucchini. Yarn is Ice Hand Dyed Sock Yarn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB5802FA-6BC0-4F9E-BD7A-B01FBF9E82E9.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	65152
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 8, YTD + 181

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      These are perfect!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely perfect! And I love that tonal green!

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that green is very nice. It reminds me of the variations in the field crops as you drive by.

I'll be finishing the ones I started on May 31st because I thought it was June 1st. 😂 I then set them aside to work on the Neverending Wrap test knit so they are still just sitting there with one day of work done on them. I dug them out last night hoping my notes were with them in the project bag but no such luck. So I had to deconstruct the lace pattern and figure out my pattern from what was already done. Let's hope I got it right.... I'm finishing up my Home of the Brave shorties and then I'll get to work on these. I was designing then with Spring Gardens in mind and there's plenty of green so hopefully they will count for everything except the start date.
    These are called Ryley's Garden because my granddaughter, Ryley, dyed the yarn and I'm knitting them for her. She turns 13 this month. I'll also be making gentle fit slipper socks for Pine Ridge in honor of my mom. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200801_114432~2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	65163
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." MLK
    Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +56 WTD

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Thanks pinesprairie I'm actually grandma but the point is still true. 😊 She's a very Knitworthy kid.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      FreedomLover I was pretty impressed too! That day was the first attempt for either of us and hers came out really nice! And I couldn't believe how well it coordinated with Cascade Heritage green for the contrast. She's a pretty artistic kid so I foresee a lot more yarn dying in our future. 😁

• pinesprairie
      pinesprairie commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right. Mom or Grandma is beside the point. I hope y'all have a lot of fun dying, they really like it when they had a piece of the making! The more you do, the more her talent grows and it's all memory making no matter what.

Hey knitters! To go along with our Garden Harvest theme, you can earn an extra entry into the prize drawing by posting a picture of your finished socks taken in your garden. Then tell us a little something about your garden. Weedy pictures allowed!!

Comment

Name:	B264A91D-8039-48BB-9F4A-E8D54205D2A9.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	65736

I started my "Garden Sprinkles" socks. The body of the socks will be green with pink cuffs, heel and toes. The pattern makes a simple textured sock. After a hard day of gardening and processing, I need a simple pattern!

Comment

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful colors!

• rkennell
        rkennell commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you on simple--right now I need a pattern that is easy and mindless with all the gardening and canning! I'll have to dig out my green yarn and get to work!

• pinesprairie
        pinesprairie commented
        Editing a comment
        ooo, these are happy ones, I like them already!

Hi everyone!!! I made this bag for our Garden Harvest prize this month! :-). Hope you like it!!

Name:	6FA8BAFF-66A0-4ADF-8658-E06CEFA8A4A3.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	66359
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: zero; YTD -276

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect prize for this month!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Love love love it!!! I think I've mentioned that I am vegetarian, right? Where did you find that fabric?

Oh this is absolutely perfect for this month! You do such nice work.

I don't know how this happens - I think I'm posting a comment and it's a post. User error, I know, I know.

Comment

• Char
        Char commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. :-). It’s all good.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X