LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

August 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

This thread is for finished socks only - please keep the chatter to the chatter thread. It makes it easier to pick a winner.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries:
    1. For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
    2. For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
    3. For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern.
    4. For using the featured color.
    5. BONUS ENTRY! This month you can get an extra entry by taking a picture of your finished socks in your garden! Tell us a little something about your garden.
    Last edited by lovestostitch; 08-04-2020, 02:16 PM.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

I finished this pair from last month this morning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200802_084848.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	65256Yarn: Knit Picks Hawthorn in Mini Golf
    Pattern: Neville's Socks with some customization
    There are no knitting police.
    -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the color combo.

Finished these yesterday. The socks are basic 2x2 rib, toe up with FLK heel, using CoBaSi fingering weight yarn. Unfortunately I cannot wear them. Even after washing, then soaking in fabric softener, they feel like straw on my feet. I have a friend who will enjoy them 😊

Click image for larger version

Name:	5D120FD4-C5F0-4CCC-BCD0-CAA640EFED9C.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	65446
    Kathie from Indiana

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD + 8, YTD + 181

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny how the same fabric can feel so different to different people. I think I'll have to get a skein and make something small to see how it strikes me. Cotton is really difficult because the makeup can give you extreme differences in feel. But I don't think I've ever found a bamboo or bamboo blend I didn't like. But then I love wool socks while a couple of my family members can't stand the feel of wool on the skin. Go figure...

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      lovestostitch and KnitsWithHorses My feet have a lot of nerve pain and they are extremely sensitive. I’m sure it’s just me, you will very likely find this yarn to be great 😊

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      knitter131 that makes sense. Sorry to hear of the never pain. My mom had diabetes for many years that caused neuropathy so she had sensitivity as well.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X