September 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

This thread is for finished socks only - please keep the chatter to the chatter thread. It makes it easier to pick a winner.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
  • For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern.
  • For using the featured color. Any color counts this month if your picture includes a pencil in the same color of your yarn. [/LIST]
  • First sock finished. This is a short cut sock for my four-year-old grandson. You can see the kinky texture where I used frogged yarn but it will smooth out after washing.

BE0B1432-71B7-484C-B232-CEF3F57A5BB4.jpeg

I love seeing the pencil socks. :fk:

These are such fun socks.

These are super cute!! I was wondering if these would work as short socks. The ones in making for Gauge are y’all but his brother, Luke, mostly wears short socks but I want sure how they would look.

I always reach for stubby pencils first as they are wonderful to use, and become favorites. Yours are adorable!

Great job! I like the idea of shortie socks

And one for theme…

20200909_185317.jpg

These are fantastic!

Woot! I am glad the pattern worked out so well. My head is getting a little bigger today. LOL

Ok here’s one for color:

20200909_185317.jpg

I was productive on our Fiberkind Zoom meeting today. I finished my pencil socks. Now they need a good soaking to get the kinky bumps out from using frogged yarn.

BB4F98DB-3A47-4D4A-A701-D682334BBBF0.jpeg

Post for using the Back to School theme.

BB4F98DB-3A47-4D4A-A701-D682334BBBF0.jpeg

Monthly color!

93513B33-A406-4774-B1D4-B18417CEE52D.jpeg

@lovestostitch your socks look so cute!

Those turned out great! I think if I do these again I’ll make them stories too

It was fun seeing you get these down to the grafting.

@Rose the Rebel, @FreedomLover I need a little help here please. What does it mean to make them stories? And I looked up grafting so know it’s about joining 2 sets of “live” stitches but can’t tell where this happened. Thanks.

@pinesprairie - great questions.
    :slight_smile:
    I think @Rose the Rebel meant “shorties” (short socks or ankle socks), not “stories.”
    The grafting that @FreedomLover mentioned would be closing the toes, as the final step in knitting a pair of socks top-down (beginning with the cuff or opening at the ankle, and knitting down to the toe).

Yes I meant shorties, bad proof reading on my part