728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

October 2020 Sock KAL Chat - FALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 2020 Sock KAL Chat - FALL

Our theme this month is: FALL
    Tell us what pattern you used and why it coordinates with Fall.

Color: Orange - for pumpkins!

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.

The October prize is this cute pumpkin bag. It's a small project bag that's just right for a pair of socks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	298AF197-7AD1-4582-82D5-388C4527841E.png
Views:	191
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	76279
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

That bag is adorable!!
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -44 WTD
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

Fall is my favorite season and orange is my favorite color!!! Orange is the team color of my alma mater, Oklahoma State University too! I think that's part of how it became my favorite color, because fall hits, football season begins and we all don our orange hoodies.
      Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
      ~~Samuel Adams

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you have some orange yarn in your stash!

• KnitsWithHorses
        KnitsWithHorses commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I definitely do. Lol Although orange usually gets used pretty promptly, I know I've got some out there.

What a cute bag! I'm going to attempt some socks for October, it's been a bit. But I'm not sure if I have any orange sock yarn

Comment

I don't have any orange sock yarn so I thought I would dye some with my goal being a spicier orange. The yarn is a darker base and has dark slubs so I'm hoping that will help me to achieve the warmer color I want.

Name:	DA466408-F2D7-4B73-83A5-173EB37E242A.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	76546

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never died yarn but I do have some colors and some yarn that I never use so maybe I'll give it a try! Thanks for the idea boost!

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          I can't wait to see how it comes out!

I don't have any orange - it's not really my color - but I have some wool batts that are Jacquard Deep Orange blended with natural gray. What do you think? I'd be pressed to get it spun AND get the socks knit in time.

Edited to include a photo of me spinning this yarn on my mid-1800s flax wheel. I'm taking the challenge! Hubby had his 2nd knee replacement surgery on Monday, came home yesterday, and so I need something to keep my fingers busy while I'm staying close to him. Perfect timing for this challenge.
        Attached Files
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist
        Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't wait to see progress pics as you work on this big project.

• Pegg Thomas
          Pegg Thomas commented
          Editing a comment
          The challenge just got tougher ... found out today that a neighbor gal had her first baby, a little girl, and so I started knitting a baby blanket. But I'm not giving up on the orange socks!

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Pegg Thomas - you've got plenty of time and if your weather is like mine, it has turned into get under a blanket and knit weather. I had to wear long pants and a fleece jacket today . It was just summer last week!

My yarn is dyed and it looks good! It's still wet so I can't get started yet. I'm going to do a pattern called Toasty Warm Autumn Socks. What does everyone have planned?

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't wait to see it.

I would like to knit some socks with a leafy pattern on them. I have a beautiful solid that would be nice with a pattern. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD + 0; YTD +417
        Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          Rose the Rebel - hmmm - I hadn’t thought about enterlac. I have never made enterlac socks. They kinda scare me. Lol

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          One of these days Char I'll get you to try it 😈

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          You likely will Rose the Rebel

I have often looked at this knit stitch library” for ideas. Here’s a link to their “Leaves” section.

Link
        Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD + 10, YTD - 69

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          That really is a great resource, thanks for sharing.

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          So many pretty designs!
          Gotta love a good leaf motif.
          Thanks for posting this link.

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m glad you all like this site, a lot of stitches to choose from 😊

I raided my stash and selected my October yarns. 😁 The Woolike is by request from my middle daughter, Cheyenne, who is an RN. She sent me a photo of socks I made for Sawyer (my grandson, her son) last year and said she wanted socks made of that yarn because it is so soft and stretchy and stands up to being washed over and over. Sawyer wearing a pair for over a year is almost a miracle. Lol So... Last pair I made Cheyenne cost about $20 this pair will be about $5. Gotta love it!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201001_122938.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	76738
        Natalie from Oklahoma

~~Samuel Adams

Comment

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have made. Three pair from Woolike, I really like the socks a lot!

This is my first time posting.... I’ve been dyeing more sock yarn than usual the past couple of months. And though not on the Halloween theme, my plan for this month is to finish up a few pair of socks that I’ve started.
        Attached Files

Comment

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          What nice socks!

Looks like a solid teal pair with a cable...?
          A pair in teal with multicolored confetti dots and a cable...?
          A pair in white with multicolored confetti dots and cuffs of different colors (aka crazy socks)...?
          (or are those going to be two different pair...?)
          A pair in a GORGEOUS cinnamon color...!
          A pair in turquoise blue...!
          You've been busy!

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          The dark teal sock doesn’t have a second sock yet. The lighter teal pair has an actual cable, but the dark teal has a 10-row repeat mock cable that I’m liking the look of. The brown confetti socks are my favorite of this batch though. When I saw that hank come out of the dye pot I was in love! 💖

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to our sock knitting group. These are great looking socks.

I’m still figuring out how to display a photo in a post. This doesn’t appear to have been the best way.

Comment

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Char 😁

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          Rose the Rebel - I only dye yarn for my own projects. Usually sock yarn. And always with food coloring products. I haven’t ventured into acid dyes, at least not yet. 😉

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          Kokoriffic I saw your picture in the Dye forum and came to see if you'd found this group. I'm glad you did!

A day late for the drawing but I did make it through my heels. Now it is home free!

Name:	149964BA-8AF8-4B3A-8089-CF8EA593E6BF.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	76748
        Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD + 0; YTD +417
        Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          I hope y'all had a nice visit. I think this are going to be really pretty socks. I'm determined to work on the ones I didn't finish at least a few minutes a day so they don't become UFOs. Are you liking the TAAT?

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          KnitsWithHorses - yes, we had a good visit.

I learned TAAT about a year ago (someone here motivated me), but the magic loop is new to me. I like it, though. Trying to decide which I like better - magic loop or two circs.

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          Ah okay. If I do TAAT, I do toe up on 2 circs. I have done ML a few times and still do sometimes for baby hats but not TAAT socks. Nothing terrible about it, I just click better with 2 circs.

I've started my Toasty Warm Autumn socks. I think they call this a waffle pattern.

Name:	FAA2DE75-1FCA-4959-B379-DF3A32215DD4.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	77085

Comment

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          Your yarn turned out fabulous! The color reminds me of a pumpkin pie

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These are perfect!

• TeaNSugar
          TeaNSugar commented
          Editing a comment
          It does look warm and cosy! The colors look great together.

I see a lot of socks here on long circular needles. I've tried the magic loop and using two long circs and I don't like either method. I prefer the short 10" circs or double-points. Am I the only one left who uses those? Two friends of mine have switched to the bendable double-points, but I haven't tried those yet.
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist
        Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          I am a hardcore magic looper. Whether knitting one-at-a-time or two-at-a-time, I always magic loop.

• Hellokitten
          Hellokitten commented
          Editing a comment
          I use dpns or 12 circs. I like the bent Addi circs.

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a Magic Looper too.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X