LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

October 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries:
    1. For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
    2. For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
    3. For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
    4. For using the featured color.
    Our theme this month is: FALL
    Tell us what pattern you used and why it coordinates with Fall.

Color: Orange - for pumpkins!
    Last edited by lovestostitch; 10-21-2020, 11:18 AM.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

First sock finished.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2ED943AF-83F2-4941-99CD-76ECEB73D045.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	77592

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Pegg Thomas - Well, it is dk weight so that makes it a bit faster.

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks great! Your yarn is just beautiful!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the yarns together, it's just perfect for the theme.

Name:	8692AAFE-1DF5-4703-B3E3-69BDC4F4BD21.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	78073

Two socks finished.

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      These are great colors, and your stitch work is great! Perfect socks for fall.....πŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      These look great!

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      They turned out wonderful and the colors look great together!

Name:	20D2646C-3B17-4FF3-97F3-F35FDCE72D5E.jpeg
Views:	180
ID:	78075

Fall theme - pattern is Toasty Warm Autumn Socks.

Comment

Name:	87B650CF-DBF9-4645-9CB2-91EB0CCBEFED.jpeg
Views:	178
ID:	78077

Monthly color - spicy orange.

Comment

Two socks done through the heels πŸŽƒ

Name:	20201011_111710.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	78195

Comment

Full disclosure: I started these on September 28th. I needed to clear my needles for the October challenge. They are knit of handspun wool, a blend of dyed Spruce, Bright Yellow, and Olive (all Jacquard dyes). I didn't use a pattern but cobbled them together based on other socks I've knitted. I'm *loving* the short-legged socks. That's all I wear in cotton socks. I don't know why it took me too long to start knitting my wool socks this way. The cuff is 1 1/2" and the leg another 1 1/2".
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist
        Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These look great and so comfortable.

• KnitsWithHorses
          KnitsWithHorses commented
          Editing a comment
          I love short socks. I wear them all the time except when I'm wearing my work boots. These look quite comfy! I've never used Jacquard dyes yet, just food coloring. But I love dying my own so far and really want to get into making natural dyes.

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          They turned out great! I personally like short socks too, I only wear knee highs if I'm going to be out in the cold or snow.

First sock finished. I'll probably finish the second tomorrow if I get any knitting time to speak of. No pattern. I just did a basic toe up sock with one of the leaf lace patterns from that stitch dictionary inserted. The main yarn is Apple Tree Knits Plush fingering and the contrast is Knitologie Incline sock.

Name:	IMG_20201013_195105.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	78514
        Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
        "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -29. WTD -34
        2021 50 New-to-me Books: 3

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          How pretty! And I love the lace pattern you are using.

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. 😊

Finito!

Name:	20201014_105025.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	78583

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          Great colors and perfect for Fall!

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great.

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great!

I'm fighting a head cold and feeling rather icky - but at least it's not Covid - and so I spent the past two days watching the Senate judiciary committee and Judge Amy Barrett. Perfect background for getting a lot of knitting done! These are a blend of Jacquard dyed Deep Orange and a natural gray fleece. The pattern is Wood Nymph by Olivia Villarreal and is free on Ravelry. I'm not following it exactly, but it's close.
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking so pretty, I love the color πŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

These are as far from the theme as possible. I started both pairs last month; super simple. These are for my son and hopefully future daughter in law (but they are young).

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          I don't remember knitting for Stef before they were married - they have been married 13 years now - but I did teach her to knit. She is VERY shy and only spoke to my son in the break room because he was knitting on a preemie hat for a charity project I was involved in at the time. That's the only thing he has ever knit but it was fingering weight yarn on dpns!! And he did a beautiful job! Nowadays Stef knits like a pro. 😊

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          KnitsWithHorses - that's quite a love story!
          Very fortuitous circumstances that he happened to be knitting that preemie hat!

• kas
          kas commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhh. I love the girlfriend comments. We shall see how it goes. She is just learning how to crochet (learning from her Mom).

Finished the October Socks! I hope to do the November pair πŸ§¦πŸ˜€πŸ§ΆπŸ—πŸŽƒ
        Attached Files

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These are great, I'll be the third to say candy corn, which makes them perfect for this month's theme.

• DeeAnn517
          DeeAnn517 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! Thank you. Yes, has that candy corn look. It's West Yorkshire Spinners DK and it has a fuschia pink stripe but I didn't get to on the toe and it made it look more October than expected!

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          DeeAnn517 - I am just now seeing this post; I was looking for someone who has used this particular brand of sock yarn and your post came up. I hadn't heard of it until someone on FB posted a pair of socks this week that they made with this yarn. Have you used it a lot? It looks like it gets really good reviews and I would think BFL would be amazing sock yarn!

Here are two socks past the heels πŸ‘  πŸŽƒ

Name:	455DC0E8-F3D3-4E49-AD2F-471791793678.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	78736
        Knitting is happening here! ❀️

Stashbuster MAL 2021: WTD 0; YTD 0
        Stashbuster MAL 2020: -286

Comment

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          So pretty. Can't wait to see them finished.

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          They look awesome! You got your sock groove back!

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These are fabulous!

First, let me apologize for putting a chatting post in this forum last time. I was fighting a head cold and I don't function well on antihistamines. I goofed.

Here are my October challenge socks. I'm very happy with them. I didn't follow the pattern exactly ... I pretty much never do ... so I only put the design on the outside of each sock. The pattern is Wood Nymph by Olivia Villarreal and is free on Ravelry. The wool is handspun from my sheep Maggie (natural gray Border Leicester) and Crystal (Border Leicester dyed Jacquard's Deep Orange).
        Click image for larger version  Name:	deep orange and Maggie gray socks 1 10-17-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.1 KB ID:	78938Click image for larger version  Name:	deep orange and Maggie gray socks 2 10-17-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	78939Click image for larger version  Name:	deep orange and Maggie gray socks 3 10-17-20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	78940
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          I do the mirrored strip on the outer foot quite often (as you'll see in the pair in fixing to post Lol) and I also rarely follow a pattern as written. Your sucks look wonderful and how cool to be able to knit with wool from your own Maggie. Someday....

• Rose the Rebel
          Rose the Rebel commented
          Editing a comment
          They turned out awesome! And wow, that idea a real personal investment!

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These are fabulous, and how wonderful that the yarn is from your own Maggie.

My first finished pair this month. I THINK I'll finish a second but no promises. πŸ˜‹

Name:	20201017_124306.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	78966
        Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
        "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -29. WTD -34
        2021 50 New-to-me Books: 3

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X