November Sock KAL - Thanksgiving/Thankfulness - CHAT

Our theme this month is: Thanksgiving and thankfulness. Tell us how your pattern portrays Thanksgiving or your thankfulness.

Color: Beige - for turkeys and pie crust!

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.

The November prize- “A lightly felted 7X7 square bottomed bag, 7” high. Think grilled turkey with nicely browned crispy skin!" (This description came from our anonymous donor. Thank you Anonymous!)

Post pictures of your finished socks in the Finished thread. Don’t forget you get an entry for your first finished sock or two socks finished through the heels.

CB43CC5A-1C3F-4103-993E-D276D5FC2C88.jpeg

Super cute bag! Thank you whoever you are!

The bag is really cute - thank you, “anonymous”!

I love the bag! Maybe I should actually finish a pair of socks this month.

OOoooh, I love that bag, I might even get a whole pair finished this month! My socks are My First Hand-spun Socks and I am very thankful that I dove into spinning this year as a way of keeping my sanity, and also thankful for the love and help I have received here on Fiberkind and new friends that have kept me afloat during this stressful time. I’m going to start my hand-dyed socks blank socks next, so that is my incentive.

IMG_2590.JPG

Great sock, and beautiful color!

I dream of someday knitting from yarn I’ve spun myself. It looks great!

And your first handspun?! Excellent!

That is a beautiful sock - I love the various greens. Isn’t it exciting to watch the transformation from skein to sock?

https://fiberkind.com/creating-a-wool-sock-yarn

I finished spinning the sock yarn I’ve been blogging about. It turned out very nice … if I do say so myself. :wink:

364cbdc63f76797250d86cf99bd8ebe6jpg.jpg

It turned out really nice.

This is beautiful.

beautiful! :slight_smile:

Why is everyone so QUIET these days?

@PeggThomas - We’re too busy knitting! :slight_smile:

I’m working on two pairs of socks. One short cut pair in beige and brown that I consider my mindless knitting - great for Zoom calls and when I’m tired and might nod off. The other is a pair for my son. I’m going to do a cable pattern on his so I have to pay more attention.

41A91D60-3902-4AE9-9B7D-183555387225.jpeg

946585AF-50F3-4721-875B-5BB2D309A408.jpeg

The ball and the skein for your son’s socks don’t look the same.

I’ve been making more masks again!! In the basement sewing room so I’m not on the computer as much.

@Pegg Thomas - The Regia has olive green in the colorway and because I think I may need more yarn than the one skein, I am doing the plain olive as cuffs, heels and toes.

Christmas crafting… must step up the pace!

Oh … that’ll look really nice!