LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

November Sock KAL - Thanksgiving/Thankfulness - CHAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Sock KAL - Thanksgiving/Thankfulness - CHAT

Our theme this month is: Thanksgiving and thankfulness. Tell us how your pattern portrays Thanksgiving or your thankfulness.

Color: Beige - for turkeys and pie crust!

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.

The November prize- "A lightly felted 7X7 square bottomed bag, 7" high. Think grilled turkey with nicely browned crispy skin!" (This description came from our anonymous donor. Thank you Anonymous!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB43CC5A-1C3F-4103-993E-D276D5FC2C88.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	80629
    Post pictures of your finished socks in the Finished thread. Don't forget you get an entry for your first finished sock or two socks finished through the heels.

Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Super cute bag! Thank you whoever you are!
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -34 WTD -12
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      The bag is really cute - thank you, โ€œanonymousโ€!

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the bag! Maybe I should actually finish a pair of socks this month.

OOoooh, I love that bag, I might even get a whole pair finished this month! My socks are My First Hand-spun Socks and I am very thankful that I dove into spinning this year as a way of keeping my sanity, and also thankful for the love and help I have received here on Fiberkind and new friends that have kept me afloat during this stressful time. I'm going to start my hand-dyed socks blank socks next, so that is my incentive.

Name:	IMG_2590.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	81122
    2021 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 4/10/21= (+1) YTD =+20

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      I dream of someday knitting from yarn I've spun myself. It looks great!

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      And your first handspun?! Excellent!

• Carlota
      Carlota commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a beautiful sock - I love the various greens. Isn't it exciting to watch the transformation from skein to sock?

Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      OMG I love this!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

https://fiberkind.com/creating-a-wool-sock-yarn

I finished spinning the sock yarn I've been blogging about. It turned out very nice ... if I do say so myself.
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      It turned out really nice.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      This is beautiful.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      beautiful!

Why is everyone so QUIET these days?
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses, Iโ€™m sorry to hear you are in pain....... My back has flared up the last couple of days, but at least I can keep knitting and crochet. It has seemed quiet here the last 3-4 days. Iโ€™m working away on my projects, but they are all large, and nothings anywhere near finished...... ๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿงถ

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that you two are in pain. It must be a bad week. I have a bad big toe joint and it's acting up. At least it doesn't affect my knitting!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      knitter131 when my back flares up, I alternate heating pad and ice pack. Take care of yourself!
      lovestostitch Goodness! Is there something in the air this week? You take care as well!

@PeggThomas - We're too busy knitting!

I'm working on two pairs of socks. One short cut pair in beige and brown that I consider my mindless knitting - great for Zoom calls and when I'm tired and might nod off. The other is a pair for my son. I'm going to do a cable pattern on his so I have to pay more attention.

Name:	41A91D60-3902-4AE9-9B7D-183555387225.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	81896Click image for larger version

Name:	946585AF-50F3-4721-875B-5BB2D309A408.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	81897

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Pegg Thomas - The Regia has olive green in the colorway and because I think I may need more yarn than the one skein, I am doing the plain olive as cuffs, heels and toes.

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ... that'll look really nice!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Those are going to look great! I do that with the contrast colors to make one ball stretch all the time. Especially with the big feet i knit for. Lol Fortunately, I really like the look.

My poor socks are half knitted and neglected while I knit another baby blanket. Too many neighbors popping out kids at the moment. But at least I can knit with bulky yarn and size 11 needles!
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

Name:	B19475D5-574F-49DC-BDEF-F84A18C9B5FC.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	82321

Pegg Thomas - You can see the olive in the colorway now that I've made some progress. There's not a lot of olive but enough to make the cuffs, heels and toes coordinate.

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
        Pegg Thomas commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! That is very nice.

Only two days left to finish your socks for the November KAL! If you've finished, be sure to post on the finished thread.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X