LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

November 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries:
    1. For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
    2. For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
    3. For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
    4. For using the featured color.
    Our theme this month is: Thanksgiving and Thankfulness
    Tell us what pattern you used and why it coordinates with Thanksgiving or Thankfulness.

Color: Beige - for turkeys and pie crust!
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Finished Pair of Handspun Socks. How about credit for the colors of construction- paper turkeys???LOL No? it's ok.

As I said in the chatter thread, my first handspun socks reflect my thankfulness for the friends I have met through Fiberkind this year during the stress and boredom of having to #stayhome, and especially the comeraderie and support received during the Spin de Fleece back in Sept. and the Virtual Yarnies group which allows me to talk to adults with like interests. Thank You Fiberkind Friends.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2610.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	81384
    2020 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 11/21= (-16)~~ YTD =+6

Comment

• PurlgirlButtons
      PurlgirlButtons commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all,the thing that I love about these is what I learned about spinning sock yarn and knitting with it. It gives mean incentive to swatch my other handspun yarns so I’ll see what needs to be corrected or improved.

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      You did a fabulous job!

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      They are beautiful! This is your post for finished pair. You can make another post for theme. You can copy and paste from this post or just say - see post #2.

2nd post for November theme. See post #2

Name:	BC7674D9-94C2-4D73-BE1C-C410498CBA43.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	81471
    2020 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 11/21= (-16)~~ YTD =+6

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      These are fabulous!

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      These turned out great! I love how your yarn looks!

Name:	4C662379-107F-40B6-8773-DBD542378115.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	82081

One sock finished.

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm planning to make some dk work socks for myself when I get a minute free. That's the weight I prefer for wearing around the house as well as in my work boots in winter.

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks really good! I'm thinking about making some thick socks for myself, this is great inspiration!

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      That's cute!
      I agree it's good to have thicker socks for winter. I've been lurking at patterns with doubled sock yarn. A good way to use up yarn and the combos are kind of neat too in the way they marl together. Bonus, they knit up faster, too.

Feeling well enough to knit today, thank goodness. Socks for my oldest daughter finished through the heels. This is based on a pattern from Tiina Kuu that I adapted to toe up with my heel of choice. I just fell in love with the color chart. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201114_200932.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	82089
    Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2020 YTD +73 WTD +12

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Thanks y'all. 😊

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      These are looking fabulous! I'm going to have to look up that pattern, and I love the color combo πŸ™‚

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful! Your tension looks so even! I always have a hard time with stranding on socks...

My current love affair with speckled yarn continues. πŸ’– Finished these a few days ago.

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice!

• Rose the Rebel
      Rose the Rebel commented
      Editing a comment
      They look great and I really like your speckled yarn!

• PurlgirlButtons
      Editing a comment
      I love them! Even more so knowing you dyed the speckled yarn. Great job!

First sock finished. Helical knitting using Knit Picks Stroll - Navy Blue and Pumpkin.

Comment

• Kokoriffic
      Kokoriffic commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses Exactly! I’ve used it for hats and sweaters but not socks. Try it - It’s FUN!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I definitely will! 😁

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Great color combo!

These don't fit the theme at all, but I'm using up the orange/gray yarn from last month. Done through the heels!
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      The combination of textured pattern stitches and soft, fuzzy yarn is delightfully fluffy and feminine!

Name:	13B18460-7220-4A10-8EE3-8C03611A3F46.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	82643

One sock finished.

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      I was so lucky to have a skein of the perfect shade of green to add to the mixed colorway. I was concerned that one skein wouldn't be enough yarn since he wanted a generous height on the legs and his feet are pretty long. I weighed the yarn after the first sock and it was a good thing I went with the contrasting cuff, heel and toes.

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love these colors together.

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your socks look great!!

These have *nothing* to do with the theme, but there you go. I'm using up the leftover yarn from last month.
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• knitter131
      knitter131 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful color, the yarn looks soft and squishy, these will be a comfortable pair of socks!

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, everyone! I have enough of this yarn left over to knit a 3rd pair ... so look for that next month.

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cozy!!!

I finished my Thankfulness socks. πŸ™‚

Name:	IMG_20201125_201834.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	82959
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Thanks y'all. 😊

• qfknit
      qfknit commented
      Editing a comment
      Fabulous!

For anyone wanting to locate the pattern quickly, some search terms to try: Dreaming of Happiness (Unelma Onnesta) by Tiina Kuu. She is a Finnish knitwear designer.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I got the pattern on payhip. You can get it free or pay as you are able. Just look for Tina Kuu on payhip.

And one for the color beige.

Views:	19
ID:	82962
    Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

And one for the theme. This may be way more than y'all want to know about me but here goes... These are to be a Christmas gift for my oldest daughter, Bonni. I can't describe how thankful I am for her. I had her right after high school. I was a very wild child who grew up in a violent home and I was definitely passive suicidal and into very high risk activities like riding wild horses with no gear as a bet and racing cars on dead end roads. Until nobody would race me anymore because I had a reputation for not caring if I died. But when I learned I was pregnant it changed everything. I didn't care about me but she deserved the world. Including a sane mom. I got therapy and went to college. The doctor who delivered Bonni was my best friend's dad. When Bonni was 9 months old he told my mom (a nurse) that if having a baby would change his daughter the way I had changed he would have her artificially inseminated. πŸ˜‚ She turned out to be my best friend and an amazing woman and mom. She leaves me in awe every day.

Views:	29
ID:	82964Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1606358972274.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	82965
      Natalie from Oklahoma

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Thanks y'all. This is the first Thanksgiving in a while that I haven't had all 5 of my kids. The two oldest girls being quarantined is hard. So I cried a lil bit typing that. She really is amazing. I can't believe she is fixing to turn 40. She doesn't look it. And she runs every day and does power lifting. She out lifts most guys. Not to mention raising 4 amazing boys, 5 if you include her stepson who she definitely had every bit as much to do with raising him as his mom and more than his dad. Oh and the little guy is my youngest grandson Gauge.
        FreedomLover that scripture has gotten me through a lot of dark times. πŸ’—

• Kokoriffic
        Kokoriffic commented
        Editing a comment
        What a story. It takes my breath away. {{{hugs to you}}}

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Kokoriffic πŸ€—

Finished these yesterday and was happy to find that less than 50 grams of the main color was used. I have quite a few 50-gram skeins in my stash and this will be a good way to use some of them. 😎Click image for larger version

Name:	3C58E7EE-AE15-493D-AFBA-81388EDAE511.jpeg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	83016

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        I seriously love these. I will DEFINITELY be doing some helix socks.

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        These look great!

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous!

I just realized that I hadn't posted the socks I made here. I finished the first socks I ever made on November 6th for my brand new grand-nephew. They are blue, yellow, and beige (it looks grey in the pics, but the lightest color is beige ) and they fit for thankfulness because they were part of a layette (blanket, jacket, hat, and socks) for my oldest niece, who lost her first child at birth in January 2019. I am so thankful that my wonderful, amazing niece finally got to hold her happy and healthy child in her arms. His name is Ryker and he is so beautiful. I haven't been able to meet him in person yet, due to the lockdowns, but my nice sent me some pics of him wearing the layette I made for him.

Name:	Socks Pinnes.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	83058Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryker in Socks.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	83059Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryker Socks.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	83060
      ~If I could attack with a more sensible approach, obviously that's what I'd be doing... Right?!~

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
        Pegg Thomas commented
        Editing a comment
        How precious!

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        He's beautiful and so is the layette you made for him. πŸ’–

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful layette and baby. I'm so happy for your niece.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X