LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

December 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries:
    1. For the first sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count
    2. For a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
    3. For using a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
    4. For using the featured color.
    Our theme this month: Holiday
    Our color this month: Any color of sparkly yarn

The prize for this month is a 4 ply Mercerized cotton bag made up as a Cherry flavored candy cane in the shape of a Christmas Tree with a square base, perfect for a small to mid-size on-the-go project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2B195F67-5D1A-4CAC-847A-607B57DC69F4.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	82976
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

What a beautiful bag! A big thank you!
    Kathie from Indiana

2021 Stashbuster: WTD +4, YTD -34

Comment

Finished pair:

Name:	C9C637AA-9D56-45CF-A0B9-856F885D28A5.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	83685

Comment

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        They turned out great ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Kokoriffic
        Kokoriffic commented
        Editing a comment
        That color combo is wonderful. ๐Ÿฅฐ

• KnitsWithHorses
        KnitsWithHorses commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice! I think the CC accents the MC perfectly.

Name:	754D9B80-8899-4C13-885A-7FF3183E4187.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	83823Click image for larger version

Name:	4899A5BB-ECD3-4A42-9CF3-E4FA6AE575BF.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	83824

One sock done.

Comment

• lovestostitch
        lovestostitch commented
        Editing a comment
        It's dk weight. It's a lot faster than knitting with fingering! I prefer thick socks for my ever cold toes.

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!

This is a pair I started last month, finished today. Yarn is Knit Picks Felici, a modification of the SKYP pattern . I should have been able to finish them, but other things took up my interest.

Name:	8B457F2A-516D-4D4E-A468-548892C6DC36.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	83840
      Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
        Pegg Thomas commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are the types of socks that just make you smile when you put them on. Funky and fun colors.

• KnitsWithHorses
        Editing a comment
        That is one of my favorite colorways! I made a couple of pair with that one. ๐Ÿ˜

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Pegg Thomas and KnitsWithHorses ๐Ÿ˜Š

Name:	85BE670D-ABB8-4029-9FC4-91E689B149AE.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	83964Click image for larger version

Name:	CD894D15-0E61-408F-A0F7-2B6457D5B51A.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	83965

Finished pair

Comment

• knitter131
        knitter131 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very pretty lace!

Name:	FAE5DAF2-B3FF-43AE-AD30-45686678847B.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	83967

Pink glittery yarn

Comment

I have this KP Stroll โ€œTulip Fieldsโ€ colorway that I have started - and frogged - socks with several times. It was pretty in the skein but not looking good to me when knit up. I decided to helical knit it with navy blue to break it up a bit and that worked out pretty well. I think my sister will like them.

Comment

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Those Stroll Hand Paint skeins are so pretty in the skein, but wow do some of them flash and pool a lot as socks. Iโ€™m happy to have found a fun way to use them.

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Kokoriffic - I had a bad experience with that Stroll yarn too. I did a pair that turned out with one striped sock and one pooled sock. One of my favorite patterns for breaking up yarn is Ugly Duckling.

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - Iโ€™ll check that one out. ๐Ÿ˜„

Hubby wanted to watch a Christmas movie last night - Miracle on 34th Street - and so I got both socks done through the heels.
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist
        Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          For mindless entertainment (to have on in the background while we multi-task with divided attention), we enjoy Hallmark movies... especially now the Hallmark Christmas movies. Somewhat predictable, but pleasant. It's often fun to guess the plot twists and ending.

While they may make us nostalgic for days we've never known and sentimental for memories we've never made, Hallmark movies are a slice of Americana... featuring songs/carols, foods, and traditions from many parts of the country... while always promoting the idea of family. Hallmark movies can be a positive addition to many routines over the holidays. https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/movies

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          qfknit My oldest daughter, Bonni, LOVES Hallmark. She watches ALL the movies and knows the Christmas ones by heart. She is a pretty strong, firece woman so that surprises a lot of people who don't know her. I prefer the Hallmark mystery Channel but I have both with my Prime membership as add ons or whatever they call it. But I would love it if they weren't all about 20 and 30 somethings. I still prefer Britbox and Acorn for the most part. But at least I know where to go when I need an infusion of inspiration, hope and old fashioned values that aren't ridiculed.

• qfknit
          qfknit commented
          Editing a comment
          KnitsWithHorses - we did very little Christmas decorating this year... LOL, we can turn on Hallmark movies and see abundant decor!

Finished my blue-gray-purple blend socks. Nothing fancy here, just straight knitting. The heathering is so pretty that I didn't want to detract from that.
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• Char
          Char commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Navy would look nice

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These are beautiful and I love the idea of another pair with navy heels and toes.

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful socks. Definitely like the thought of another pair with navy offsets.

1 point : Finished Christmas Socks Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2875.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	85282
        2021 Stashbuster MAL Week Ending 4/10/21= (+1) YTD =+20

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!!

• PurlgirlButtons
          PurlgirlButtons commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, all. Yes, they were made from a double-stranded sock blank that I hand dyed, so matching is a piece of cake!

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          What a great idea! I have been thinking of getting one of those little cheap looms to make sock blanks on and now I want to try this! I'm a total newbie at dying though so we'll see how that goes. Lol

I had *just* enough of the blue/gray/lilac yarn left to knit this pair with the contrasting navy heels and toes, oh, and three thin stripes in the cuff. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• Kokoriffic
          Kokoriffic commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are so pretty. Beautiful.

• Pegg Thomas
          Pegg Thomas commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, ladies!

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          That was fast! And they look great with the navy contrast!

I have been neglecting my socks this month! I don't know if I'll finish the second sock by Friday or not but here's the first one. The white yarn has a sparkly thread but I can't get it to photograph. But we'll see if I even get them done before I worry about it.

Name:	20201228_200712.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	85854 hi
        Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
        ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -34 WTD -12
        2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
        National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
          Pegg Thomas commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice! You and I both love those shorty socks, eh?

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          Pegg Thomas I have had multiple DVTs in my leg so the right one is pretty messed up and considerably bigger than the left. Much easier to adjust for that with a shorty. Is fun making knee socks for daughters or granddaughter once in a while but it feels like it takes foreeeever compared to my shorties!

• Pegg Thomas
          Pegg Thomas commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm at "that" age where I'm always - *always* - hot. The shorty socks I can wear, but I can't handle all the bulk and warmth up my legs anymore. Here's hoping that at some point I'll be able to again!

Name:	B03FCE74-D56F-471F-AA32-0A28A2A4421A.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	85915 Finished through the heels, I may finish them in time, but doubtful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6D02089D-524C-4777-8F84-F2646EB21C94.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	162.4 KB ID:	85859
        Kathie from Indiana

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
          Pegg Thomas commented
          Editing a comment
          Fun stripes!

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          What yarn is this? I love the colors.

• knitter131
          knitter131 commented
          Editing a comment
          Iโ€™m also loving this yarn. I edited my post to include the yarn info. I purchased it from our LYS when she was going out of business, I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s still available.

I posted these in the chat, but I guess I should post them here too, for the drawing. Both done through the heels ... on the THIRD try!
        Attached Files
        Spinner of Yarns
        Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• lovestostitch
          lovestostitch commented
          Editing a comment
          They are looking great!

• KnitsWithHorses
          Editing a comment
          It really is a beautiful and creative pattern. Hopefully it ends up feeling like it was worth the trouble.

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          These are beautiful, glad the third time was the charm.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X