LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

January 2021 Sock KAL - Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we need to change the name of this challenge to the 2021 Sasquatch Sock Challenge.
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      If we have any little footed people, they didn't want to let us Sasquatches know.

I use a lot of heavier weight sock yarn because I like thick socks but this month I'm using a light fingering. It feels like such slow progress.

• crosstitchlinda
      crosstitchlinda commented
      Editing a comment
      lovestostitch I don't think I have little feet, but my MIL always thought I did!! I wear a size 8 Wide ( the wide is due to a high instep no a really wide foot). My MIL's family had larger feet size 9's and up for the women and my DH wears an 11 or 12. DS wears a 13 EEE.

My family however, had smaller feet. my sister wore a 5 or 6, so I thought I was the one with big feet!!

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      crosstitchlinda That was me too. I grew up feeling like I had ridiculously big feet when they were 9s until I hit my 30s and I had to give in and acknowledge they had reached a 10. I thought that was weird but my doctor said a lot of people end up a size bigger in middle age. But my mom and grandma were a size 5 and my sister was a 7. My dad was a 13EEE and everyone thought his feet were huge. Lol
      I think feet are getting bigger with each generation or something. When I met my hubby his 15s seemed insane. He won a big foot contest at a county fair and got to ride in the big monster car even. 😆 But nowadays we know lots of 16 and 17s. In men's. But I still haven't met a woman with feet bigger than Harmoni's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59B4AC2C-9C92-46DD-AB27-E49332CD98FB.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	86866

I reduced my stitch count and switched patterns. This is called Thermal Sock. I thought that was a perfect pattern to go with my snowy view.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Those are going to be pretty! I think it's similar to the stitch I'm using.

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      It makes me think of evergreen trees! 🌲 Love the different shades.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      rkennell That was my thought too. I was thinking of blue spruce, how they kind of are green with a blue cast.

I've got a good start but I'm going to be focusing on a dog sweater for hubby's little road dog for a couple of days. They are in town for doctor appointments and Haymitch needs a sweater before they leave Saturday.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210107_193039.jpg Views:	0 Size:	288.1 KB ID:	86912
    Natalie from Oklahoma

Jer 9:11-13
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -29. WTD -34
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 3

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      We want to see Haymitch modeling his new sweater!

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      You are off to a good start! The striping is beautiful!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      lovestostitch Oh that will definitely happen. 😁 Hubby takes photos of his buddy nearly every day. His profile pic is usually Haymitch. Lol
      rkennell Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised at the way it stripes. This yarn is a bit heavier of a sock weight and more rustic than I'm used to but I'm not intolerant to wool at all, thank goodness, so it's kind of nice! I think I'll maybe make them work boot height instead of short socks.

Hello,

I started a new pair of socks the past couple of days... Friday I think I started on it, anyway, Here is the beginning of my sock.

Name:	0109211203_2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	87122

I had used the varigated for a pair of socks my my son's girlfriend, she has tiny feet, and it was a 150g skein, so I am using the remaining to make a pair for myself. I am doing contrasting heel and toe (& probably cuff) to extend the use of the yarn.

Also - Here is a look outside my window earlier this month.... I may take a better one to go with the sock, but thought you might like this photo... there's a house finch and the tail of a male cardinal (for the red) and the snow of course ...

Name:	0102211131a x2000.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	87123
    Spice2s aka Tara in Wisconsin
    Stashbuster MAL 2021 WTD= +5; YTD= +32

tmskquilt on Instagram.
    Join us at WIZARDING SCHOOL

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Oh you caught a cardinal in your pic! We have cardinal out there nearly every morning but when I took my pic on the 1st before I started my sock there wasn't a single one in sight. Lol

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      I love that you're using up the yarn. I do that sort of thing too. HATE to waste an inch!

Name:	8979FD25-FF98-4A3C-A36F-E261A3059D01.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	87252

Aargh! I knew I didn't have enough of the olive green to do two socks so I planned to add some of the teal into the cuff, heels and toes. I thought I would have enough doing that but now I'm not sure. I've stopped sock #1 and will start #2 to see how far I get and how creative I have to be to finish both feet. I was trying to use scraps of the same yarn (That Yak Sock) as it is a very lightweight fingering and the weight of these socks fits into my snug fitting walking shoes.

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Let the creative process begin!

Name:	260CEB47-73CC-4F80-A3E2-D2D63EEC8E54.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	87272

Good news. I found 29 grams of That Yak Sock in a green shade - the ball on the right. Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate it. I wish I had realized ahead of time as I would have worked the three colors through the leg. I might frog the foot back to where the thermal pattern ends and do a creative foot.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X