728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Sock Knitters United

Additional sock knitting resources and past activities can be found in our Sock Knitters United group:

https://fiberkind.com/sguncategorize...nitters-united
2 of 2 < >

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

February 2021 Sock KAL - Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 2021 Sock KAL - Chat

Our theme for February is Love. Love can be hearts or it can be doing a pattern that your loved one especially appreciates. Tell us how your pattern says Love๐Ÿ’•!

Color of the month is Pink.

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.
    Naperville, IL - Growing zone 5b

Click image for larger version

Name:	05F16F03-7DB7-4E49-8AD9-67D351E5E19A.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	88734

I got this for Christmas and saved it for this month. Now I have to pick out a pattern that says "Love!"

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty!

• Kokoriffic
      Kokoriffic commented
      Editing a comment
      That colorway looks so fun. ๐Ÿ˜

Name:	heart socks beginning 1-31-21.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	88761All ready to start! The sock pattern has hearts on it and one ball of yarn is pink-ish. It's more of a light plum, but I think it'll work. The two yarns aren't very different in value, so the hearts will be very soft, not dramatic. I think I'll do the hearts at the toe, but I want to do something different at the top. I don't know what yet ... time will tell!
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist
    Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/PeggThomas

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you try the actual pattern and not like it?

• KnitsWithHorses
      KnitsWithHorses commented
      Editing a comment
      I just prefer toe up and using the toe, heel and cuff that I know work for me.

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses, gotcha.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201231_124347_521.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.4 KB ID:	88877 Pegg Thomas this is the socks I made in November during the holiday KAL. They are for my daughter who wears cowboy boots a lot so I made them tall.
    Natalie from Oklahoma

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom - go from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    ~~Samuel Adams

Stashbuster MAL 2021 YTD -44 WTD
    2021 50 New-to-me Books: 16
    National Craft Month: 2503 of 1760 yards

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I remember. This pair inspired me to find the pattern. I'm not going to make the cuff top it calls for either, I did that on one pair and I'm not very fond of it. I'm thinking of a heart-shaped lace to knit down the top of each sock, stopping at the hearts on the toes. Maybe.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Pegg Thomas That sounds really pretty!

Name:	Valentine's Socks started 2-3-21.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	89207
    Oops! I'd put this on the wrong thread. My bad. My very, very bad. But here is my first sock in the making. I thought the pink and brown were close enough in value that they'd blend together more, but they don't! These will satisfy the challenge color: PINK!
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I love pink and brown together. These are going to be fun. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      KnitsWithHorses, the skein you're getting has both of these wools in its blend, so I'm glad you like it!

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!! I am not one to wear straight pink but you pair it with brown or green or both and I'm there for it!

I've been meaning to join the sock-a-long fun since November, but just didn't have time. I've decided that I WANT to make my first pair of adult-sized socks (I've made one pair of baby socks, but that's the extent of my sock-making experience) and I found some yarn I just love, so I am getting to it! I'm making these chunky socks using this gorgeous pink and cream Hygge yarn my daughter-in-law gave me. So here is my getting started picture!

Name:	SAL February 21.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	89446
    Attached Files
    Cezanne Black Pellett on Facebook, MeWe, and Wimkin

Oh SNAP โœจ we've got DUELLING ๐Ÿคบand SPEW at Fiberkind Wizarding School! ๐Ÿ”ฎ

Or try out the lvermorny FiberKind Campus

Comment

• lovestostitch
      lovestostitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome Nyssareen. I'm glad you are joining us.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Hygge would feel like a cloud on your feet! I'm wishing I had made some thick and warm house socks since the floor in here is SO COLD right now. We are in for over a week of stupid cold weather so I'll be wearing socks 24/7 for a while. Lol I have a bunch of Hygge and it never occurred to me to make socks!

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, everyone, I'm looking forward to it! Once I get my February socks done, I plan to actually use the yarn I bought for January for the window one because I found the perfect yarn for that one!

KnitsWithHorses When my dil gave me this yarn I KNEW I wanted to make socks with it because it is SO soft! I found a few patterns for socks specifically with Hygge, so I figured it was acceptable to make socks from. The pattern I'm using isn't a specific Hygge pattern, but the gauge is right, so I'm trying it!

These are my January Socks, still in progress....sigh. I decided that a pattern might be a nice change, so I found this simple herringbone stitch.

Name:	File_001 (1).jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	89702Click image for larger version

Name:	File_000 (16).jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	89703

โ€‹
    And I also started another pair, because, well, handspun.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	File_002.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	89675 I might add that I've been doing a lot of bag designing and sewing and working on my spinning and my FairIsle Sweater, which is almost finished!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS: How do you all feel about drawstring project bags? Do you prefer additional handles?
    Last edited by PurlgirlButtons; 02-10-2021, 04:07 PM. Reason: Edited to fix pictures....
    Spin de Fleece Total Time: 29 hrs Total Grams: 567 Total Yards: 861
    Stashbuster MAL WTD: (-20) YTD: (-1)

Comment

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the bag! Drawstring works for me, but I like handles too. I guess I'm officially not picky.

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      I love the bag! I'm a big fan of the drawstring and using the drawstrings as the straps.

• PurlgirlButtons
      PurlgirlButtons commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for your feedback. I fixed the pictures Spice2s.

Name:	Iknit.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	89761
    Spinner of Yarns
    Author and Fiber Artist

Comment

• Nyssareen
      Nyssareen commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you don't mind if I steal this! โ™ฅ๏ธ

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Nyssareen - not a bit!

Name:	389BC68B-221A-48EE-BEC9-37BA106E5306.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	89933

I finished my other project and started my February socks today. This is my first time knitting with Regia's Tutti Frutti cotton sock yarn.

Comment

• KnitsWithHorses
      Editing a comment
      Gotta love a nice self striping yarn. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Pegg Thomas
      Pegg Thomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the shorty socks.

• Kokoriffic
      Kokoriffic commented