Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

New Yarn Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Yarn Bowl

At a family meeting to divide some of my Great Aunt's belongings, no one wanted her China set. It was way too fussy for everyone - 3 members of the 'older' generation, 4 members of the Baby-Boomers, & 4 Millennials. They decided to try to sell it on eBay and if that failed, donate to the Salvation Army. I spoke up and said, "If no one minds, I would like to get one piece. I'd like the yarn bowl." 9 stunned stares and 1 glare (from my Mother). I persisted and got my way. Behold! My new China Yarn Bowl:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	China Yarn Bowl in Use.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	30415Click image for larger version

Name:	China Yarn Bowl.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	30416
    Attached Files
    Last edited by plainjaneknitter; 10-06-2019, 02:32 PM.
    "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
    With God, all things are possible.

Comment

That's beautiful! And it's so lovely to have something useful that comes from family.

Comment

I love that! What a fantastic idea - a new use for a very special family heirloom that you can enjoy every day.

I also love your Nighshift shawl. I'm working on one of those now, too.

Comment

• plainjaneknitter
          plainjaneknitter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I’ve been working on my Nightshift shawl since she release it. I had to put it down for some birthday knitting. Now that I’ve finished those projects, I’ve picked this back up. I thought it was going to be difficult, but it is surprisingly easy.
      Working...
      X