Cricut Gives Your Ultimate Cutting Precision

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Interchangeable Needles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After many years of knitting I finally decided to invest in an interchange needle set. I chose Lykke because I really liked the one circular needle I already owned. I am using them constantly and am now looking into buying more cords. I prefer wood, and these are very smooth and light weight. I did manage to brake one and they sent me a free replacement within the week. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Comment

• Duellingneedles
      Duellingneedles commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm finding that I'm using my Lykke set more often than my Chiaogoos lately. I really like them!

My first set of interchangeables was from KnitPicks, and I I have knitted many a project using them. However I decided I wanted to try Chiaogoos because I heard such great things about them, and so I splurged and got the 13 needle interchangeables set. I definitely love the cables MUCH MORE than the Knit Picks cables. They really do relax. The Knit Picks are far better than the circulars at the local craft stores though...those cables may as well be wire springs! I chuckled with the "tools" that came to tighten the Chiaogoos cables to the needles - T pins! Whatever works, right? I have yet to try threading a life line using the special hole, and on my next lace project forthcoming, am eager to try that.

Comment

• Char
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      I have used the lifeline hole in the past with socks.
      Works wonderfully when you are in a competition and must knit a certain length - and that would some really long feet. Lol

I’m also a fan of the Chicagoo interchangeable needles. The size 2 thru 15 is great! You can purchase the sets and extra accessories on Amazon.
    2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = 0, YTD = +32

Comment

• Duellingneedles
      Editing a comment
      knitter131 I have ordered extra needle tips for doing sleeves so that I can do them on 2 circulars. I really like that the case the set comes in will hold those extras!

Duellingneedles I, like you, have multiple sets of my favorite sized tips but I often have them in another WIP and don't want to remove them.

If I want to use 2 circs for a sleeve and my spare tips are busy or I don't happen to have extras, I create 2 circs each with one tip of the correct size and a different tip of a smaller size. As long as I am careful to put the needles in the sleeve (or whatever) so I always create stitches on the tip of the correct size, my knitting doesn't mind at all.

Comment

• Duellingneedles
      Editing a comment
      Yes! I'm doing this now for a blanket. I know I probably don't need an extra set of #3 tips, so I'm using #2s on the other end.

I have tried just about every interchangeable out there. Dyak, Addi, knitpro? The ones I always come back to? My signatures. New or old. They are my go to and if I’m down and need a certain needle which is busy I use my old Addis (at least 2 of every size both 16 and 24”) as stitch holders or I buy a new signature. They are also what I buy for anyone I’m teaching to knit.
    If you need me I’ll be over here knitting!

Comment

I love my 4" Chiaogoo Twist interchangeables in US 8 and below and then 5" Chiaogoo Twist in US 9 and above. Loove them. You'll need to pry them out of my cold, dead hands when my time is done here.

Comment

I just got a set of the Chiaogoo bamboo needles and like them even more than the Lykke that I have been using. They are pointier AND they work with my red Chiaogoo cables which gives them lots of bonus points! Now I'm thinking I might sell my Lykke indigo needle set and use the money to invest in more red Chiaogoo cables!
        "Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us." -William O. Douglas, author

Comment

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
        X