LoveCrafts 728 X 90
YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!

Click here for details.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

My First Embroidery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Embroidery

Normally I only knit, but yesterday I felt a strong urge to try embroidery. I just so happen to have some old fabric, a hoop, and thread that I obtained from my great-grandmother after she passed away. Now I needed to find an image and I did, but it was not just any image either, but the image of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. Considering her feast day was yesterday, it made sense.
    I looked up a quick 3 minute video on different stitches and then hit the fabric.

Let me know what you think (e.g. what I could have done, tips, what I still need to do, etc.)

It looks as though you've certainly done it before! Very nice. I wish I had the patience for hand embroidery. I barely have it for machine embroidery.
    Debbie

Stashbusting CAL WTD 0/YTD -646 (2019-642)(2018-109)
    Book Challenge 48/50 (2019-51)(2018-35)

I've come to the conclusion that collecting yarn, and using yarn are two entirely separate hobbies.

Comment

I don’t embroidery myself so I can’t help, but this is beautiful!
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: -18; YTD -264

Comment

This is lovely!
        Shelly in South Carolina

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

This doesn't look at all like your first time, it's very nice the way it is. Are you happy with it?

Comment

• Survival-Knit
            Survival-Knit commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes and no. I am honestly surprised at myself at how well it came out. But I'm not so happy with the thread choice of the face and hands because you can barely see them now that I have it in a frame and hanging on the wall. Oh well, so is life when learning something new.

Love the picture, where did you get it, or did you draw it yourself??
          Linda
          Stasbusting week ending 10/24 WTD = +0 YTD = +164

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
          The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

JRR Tolkien

Comment

• Survival-Knit
            Survival-Knit commented
            Editing a comment
            I searched online for simple imagines of the Assumption of Mary. I think I ended up copying a coloring book image which was designed a little more like stain glass. I just didn't add the extra lines.

• crosstitchlinda
            crosstitchlinda commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a great way to get patterns!

Originally posted by Survival-Knit View Post
          Normally I only knit, but yesterday I felt a strong urge to try embroidery. I just so happen to have some old fabric, a hoop, and thread that I obtained from my great-grandmother after she passed away. Now I needed to find an image and I did, but it was not just any image either, but the image of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. Considering her feast day was yesterday, it made sense.
          I looked up a quick 3 minute video on different stitches and then hit the fabric.

Let me know what you think (e.g. what I could have done, tips, what I still need to do, etc.)
          Nice work! If you enjoyed embroidering, I would suggest picking up a stitch sampler (Dropcloth and Kiriki are ones I know of) so you can learn and practice at the same time and see how different stitches can be used in different ways. I really enjoyed learning with mine. Have fun!

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
          X